Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

super simple A140 project

icwiz

Hello Everyone,

This is my very first completed laser project :D I got an A140 diode already installed in an Aixiz module from Danglasers. I made a LM317 driver with a one ohm resistor to bring it to near max current. The whole thing is crudely mounted on a 9V battery holder.

It was getting late, and I was determined to see a blue laser before I slept :p

Here are some pics:

--ICwiz

Attachments

• IMG_3293resize.JPG
    IMG_3293resize.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3294resize.JPG
    IMG_3294resize.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3297resize1.JPG
    IMG_3297resize1.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 181

icwiz

yeah, but im not turning it on for more then a second or 2. Its not getting warm because of that. I plan on making a whole lab setup later. This was just to see it in action :)

I have a spare AMD cpu cooler with heatpipes. Im gonna make a metal adapter so i can slap a TEC between them.

Hopefully :p

icwiz

I hope You also got Safety Glasses with that Diode!

Shamefully, I do not. I have a pair on order. I have only used this very sporadically to aim at the sky (away from anything moving up there).

Its astonishingly bright.

--ICWiz

alf638

Until you get safety glasses I don't reccomend using it and if you really must, only point it at the sky. It hits something beside the sky (such as something in your house), don't look at the dot especially if the surface is white.

icwiz

Until you get safety glasses I don't reccomend using it and if you really must, only point it at the sky. It hits something beside the sky (such as something in your house), don't look at the dot especially if the surface is white.

Yeah thats mostly what ive done.

alf638

Very good then. I hope your glasses arrive soon. Be safe and have fun.