Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super Beast 005 - 532nm Green Handheld

Previously known as the Mini-Beast.. this laser has since been renamed to Super Beast 005. If you aren't already aware of it's bigger brother the Super Beast 006, then you should check out this thread http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/super-beast-green-58383.html first.

tWhC6.jpg

88.3mm in length

hJlxb.jpg

~20mm in diameter at the widest point

pybXf.jpg

Another look

This laser is available from our good ebay friend, ItemQuickShip. This seller is already well known for the first Super Beast and his $8 405nm pen lasers which have been reviewed and modded.. http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/8-ebay-pointer-becomes-burning-laser-58102.html amongst other places.

The Beast, as expected with this shipper, arrived very quickly. Even during the holiday season the unit arrived within 3 business days of shipment which was within 24 hours of order placement. The Beast came wrapped in a bubble-wrap sleeve which was lovingly placed into a bubble-wrapped envelope. The Beast arrived in perfect condition.

Excellent physical build quality for the price. The host is very solid and heavy. The endcap includes a rubber o-ring; the threads are coarse but not a deal breaker. The switch is nice and firm. There is a lanyard nipple and a short lanyard included. If you own a Super Beast 006, you know exactly what to expect.

This laser seems to be based on the same module and driver as the 006 version and as such has very comparable output.

ZMWcO.jpg

The beast runs on a CR2 cell and came shipped with a Panasonic CR2 Lithium Primary. I have successfully tested this unit on a 3.3v PSU and as expected the results matched that of the Super Beast 006. Speaking of the 006, the optics behave in exactly the same manner; ample warm up times may be required in cold/cool conditions. Make sure and let your Beast warm up when it arrives and before use :)

I'm waiting on Radiant Alpha LPMs to become available.. at which time I will immediately make that purchase and update my reviews/threads. In the mean time I do have some pics of the both the 005 and the 006 running with fog from the front and back. The power output of this unit is definitely in the same realm as the 006 if not identical when using comparable power supplies which puts it 40-110mw. Your mileage will vary.. especially depending on the cell that you choose to power your Beast with. Be aware that this unit is not IR filtered as I have verified this with an IR detection camera. When the unit is cold enough, 532nm light will not be emitted but rest assured that IR is blasting forth. The camera has a low pass filter and based on eyeballing the output the IR looks to be around 25-35% of the total output which matches what others found with the 006. (I'll try to get some pics of the IR cam output.. it's old and analog!)

aDN21.jpg

005 on the left - 006 on the right

c2zek.jpg

005 on the right - 006 on the left

The bottom line: This is a badass laser for $18 shipped. Get one!

Check out ItemQuickShip's Ebay store at eBay My World - itemquickship They have some other interesting items as well as a new selection of batteries and chargers and the highly recommended 405nm pen!

Last edited:

OK.. so I got this IR/UV detection scope home and this thing is pretty cool. Looking through it I can tell you that the IR emitted from the beast (both the 005 and 006) is highly collimated and has very similar divergence to the 532nm light. IMO, for a non-IR-filtered unit, this result is good. I tested this at 3-8 feet so I'm going to try again at higher range and see what I see :p

I'm going to get some pics or video of this scope output as soon as I can get some time.

they have good items and ship fast

Yea.. I've been happy with all my orders so far. I think I'm about to go ahead and order one of the Super Beast 100s. Midias has ordered one already and is going to put it on the LPM when he gets it. I have a feeling that this laser isn't going to disappoint.

I was definitely going to order one... But they claim to only ship in the US. Well, that means I'm out :(

I was definitely going to order one... But they claim to only ship in the US. Well, that means I'm out :(

I sent him an email and asked if he'd be willing to ship to Canada and possibly other countries. He has always been very quick to return emails and I'd expect an answer soon.

I'd probably be willing to help you out if he won't ship to Canada. What are the laser import laws like, there? Would it be safe for me to ship a laser to a Canadian?

Canada doesn't really have stringent laser import laws right now, but I can definitely see it becoming that way. Just in Calgary someone was found shining a green laser at a helicopter. Stupid people.

ANYWAY - Yeah, I've not once had a problem getting a laser past customs *knock on wood* and again, that's not to say that it might not change but so far, so good.

Airsoft on the other hand, is apparently the "Canadian Devil" - I can't get airsoft for the life of me here and when I CAN find some it's wicked expensive. (Or cheap Walmart garbage)

But I digress.

I'll email him first, and see what he says. If not, then I'll order a few and make it worth your while with being nice enough to ship to me :)

Canada doesn't really have stringent laser import laws right now, but I can definitely see it becoming that way. Just in Calgary someone was found shining a green laser at a helicopter. Stupid people.

ANYWAY - Yeah, I've not once had a problem getting a laser past customs *knock on wood* and again, that's not to say that it might not change but so far, so good.

Airsoft on the other hand, is apparently the "Canadian Devil" - I can't get airsoft for the life of me here and when I CAN find some it's wicked expensive. (Or cheap Walmart garbage)

But I digress.

I'll email him first, and see what he says. If not, then I'll order a few and make it worth your while with being nice enough to ship to me :)

His response.. which you probably already received too.. He said that he would quote Fedex shipping to Canada and get back to us. Hopefully that works out. If not, sounds like shipping to Canada isn't too risky so I'd do it and I'm not worried about compensation.. maybe a rep wouldn't hurt :).

His response.. which you probably already received too.. He said that he would quote Fedex shipping to Canada and get back to us. Hopefully that works out. If not, sounds like shipping to Canada isn't too risky so I'd do it and I'm not worried about compensation.. maybe a rep wouldn't hurt :).

Hey!

We'll I'll see how much he quotes, and such. I ALMOST would rather (after thinking about it) ship it to you instead (or give you the money via paypal and you order them) so you could ship to me after reviewing them first on your own ;-)

The one I was looking at was the Super Beast #100 - That's the one I would buy if I did.

Anyway - that all being said, I'll wait for him to respond and see what the quote might actually be. I'll likely end up buying 3 or 4 of these little monsters :)

I got in touch with Item Quick Ship and I have awesome news:

He said that he would sell the 100mw Super Beast for $25 to LPF members (you'll need to contact him directly).

AND

He WILL ship to Canada for FREE from China or for $12 extra via USPS Priority Mail from the USA. Personally I'd pay the $12 and get it shipped from USA so that it doesn't take 4-8 weeks to arrive from China.

He told me to share his contact info with interested members. It wasn't clear if he wanted me to share this info publicly on the forum so for now just PM me for his contact info. I will get clarification on this and/or see if I can get him to introduce himself in the "Companies" section that way people don't have to PM me and wait.

I'm going to post this in the SuperBeast 006 thread, also, so forgive the 'double post'.. I just want everyone to know about the $25 offer and shipping to Canada.

So, enigmahack, looks like you can get your hands on the Beast for $37 shipped! :beer: You've been PM'd, Sir.

Just got my superbeast and it is pretty bright but not sure exact power maybe 80-90mw ....i just ordered the 120# pen from this seller for $35. When i ordered the beast i also ordered the keychain laser its ok probably 20mw.

Just got my superbeast and it is pretty bright but not sure exact power maybe 80-90mw ....i just ordered the 120# pen from this seller for $35. When i ordered the beast i also ordered the keychain laser its ok probably 20mw.

Awesome! Most people have had good luck with this seller.. glad to hear everything worked out! I'm about ready to place another order with him myself :eg: Need some more 405nm pens. Make sure and check out the other IQS related threads.. there's a ton of other feedback and reviews on most of his items.