Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Suggested mount glue?

What is the suggested glue for gluing stuff like dichros to mounts? I've searched the forums and haven't found a good answer.

Thanks!

I'm not sure as I've never done it, but defiantly DO NOT use super glue or anything like it.

If I had to guess I would say something silicon based that's designed for glass...

Not sure if they sell it where your from, but this is what I would use...

P_SelleysGlassSilicone__31277_zoom.jpg

JLSE

Most optics I have handled are usually set with what looks to be epoxy.
It makes the most sense to use something rigid so there is no slack..

Just be sure the contact points are free of finger oils or dirt and the bond
will last.

I'v gotten in to using two part 5 minute epoxy. It's pretty easy to work with, set's....well in 5 min.......and a nice thing I like about it is that, although it holds very well, it can be 'broken' off and eventually completely removed without damage.

I'v been using something I get at a hardware store near by...

Devcon High Strength 5 minute Epoxy
http://www.wayfair.com/Devcon-High-Strength-5-Minute%AE-Fast-Drying-Epoxy-20845-20845-OEK1187.html?refid=FR49-OEK1187

This is just a site I found with the exact item. I get this for half that price locally.

I'v gotten in to using two part 5 minute epoxy. It's pretty easy to work with, set's....well in 5 min.......and a nice thing I like about it is that, although it holds very well, it can be 'broken' off and eventually completely removed without damage.

I'v been using something I get at a hardware store near by...

Devcon High Strength 5 minute Epoxy
http://www.wayfair.com/Devcon-High-Strength-5-Minute%AE-Fast-Drying-Epoxy-20845-20845-OEK1187.html?refid=FR49-OEK1187

This is just a site I found with the exact item. I get this for half that price locally.

I agree 5 minute epoxy is great, you can bond just about anything to any surface and its very rigid when cured as well.

Epoxy is perfect to permanently mount some optics to any kind of surface. Never had any bad experience with this.

But epoxy is really permanent! If you would like to reuse the optics later on or just want to slightly fix it I would recommend to use some kind of silicone based glue (you may even take the cheap one from your local hardware store).

And as already mentioned by "bobhaha": Never ever use superglue or any other containing solvents - these will RIP your optics :eg:.

Cheers,
mojo

I suppose it depends on if you want a permanent bond
or a breakable bond for reusing/remounting the optics.

I'd go with 5min Epoxy for a semi-permanent bond and
for a permanent bond I would use the glue they use to
mount rear view mirrors to the inside of the windshield.
Not sure what it is but damn it hold well on glass.

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
IDK if anyone answered your question or not, but what you need is some 5 minute epoxy!

lol..

I use 2 part 10 minute epoxy. :na: (no, but really, I do, and it works great)

Last edited:

JLSE

Thanks for the advice guys! I think I'll try.... 5 minute epoxy!

I use 5min epoxy as well, but if you want a strong more permanent, use an
epoxy that takes a few hours to cure.. Seems the longer the curing time
the stronger the epoxy.