Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sub 10 Watt mystery laser. Please help identify/evaluate/test.

AaronT

No problem.
Just curious, which forum exactly was it that was less level-headed than we? :)
Gun forms I've been in are infested with people that have strong opinions on things they have never even touched.

Last edited:

Sta

Gun forms I've been in are infested with people that have strong opinions on things they have never even touched.

I can see why that would be annoying.
Regardless, shame on me, I failed to welcome you. So welcome to the forum :)

AaronT

Well I killed the saber by shaking it for a wall effect in smoke.

The Chinese did give me a full refund though but since they required a return I can't just fix it.

Thinking about getting another. Looks like a replacement would set me back $70

But I'm very tempted to replace it with a set of these. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New..._1&btsid=31dc6b9f-ad5d-423d-8d7d-3708658f616d

In another thread it was stated they are all close but sub spec however the 450nm is a single mode!

Last edited:
I would like to know some good ways to test power without having to spend $. (Materials a laser of X Watts should vaporize, ignite, cut, melt etc)

I am open to ideas on tests, experiments, projects, tasks for this laser that someone wants photo/video of.
Have you heard of Sam's Laser FAQ?

diachi

Welcome back, USAbro! Or are you VisibleGreen? Perhaps Crazy Jay?

Whoever you are, we hope you enjoy your very short stay. :)

Crazy Jay and VisibleGreen are the same person FYI.

and a few other forum member names now, I might be wrong about some, but I think I know most of them now, usually strange forum names tusk..., murdur, and a few others. Even probably hacked the password of a few old members who have been inactive for years now.

AaronT

I tested my Thor with my LPM.

Using 2 Efest 700Mah 16340s fresh off the charger I got a reading of over 1700mW, I repeated the test twice and both readings were just a hair over 1.7 Watts.

This is using the original glass lens and it is a bit foggy (lots of splash) after 2-3 years of me using it almost daily and frying dust to the lens. I'm planning on dropping $10 on a G2 lens here pretty soon. I wonder how much closer to 2 watts I can get...