Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Starter Laser Help

For the past month now I've been very fascinated with lasers of all kinds, and would like to purchase one. Now I'm not flying blind here, I have done lots of research about safety and proper use. (I know about Wave Lengths, OD, local laws and regulations, ETC.) But I lack a professional opinion.

Here's what I would like.
A visible handheld laser pointer, powerful enough to light a match, within 200$.
And I don't think I'll buy custom builds, as there isn't typically a warranty with customs.

If possible, reply with pictures or videos of the laser you are recommending.

Thanks for reading, have a great day!

Rifter

I started with a 300mw 660nm red from survival laser, you can see my thread about it here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/survival-laser-rated-89464.html

IMO its a good starter laser because its powerful enough to do some burning, not so bright that its a huge heat score(hard to see spectrum) but more than bright enough to see the beam at night and do some starpointing(one of my main uses for it).

The divergence on that thing is incredible its such a tight beam that goes for miles and miles.

And as you can see by the last post in that thread survival lasers stands behind their products 100% I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with them.

you can get the parts from survival lasers and buy the diode and module from dtr or you can get one of Mcrouse 20 dollar 501b and a module from dtr and just solder and plug it in all for under two hundred