Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Start a Laser Store

Frost

you have the money to purchase the stock?

The law, bussiness number,etc.

Last edited:

Encap

So recently I was introduced to the hobby and I am fucking addicted. I was thinking of opening a store. I am semi skilled in web design and web hosting so I could handle that part but would need someone to help me handle supply, information etc. if anyone is interested pm me.

What Country are you in and in what Country do you imagine you want to start a laser store? You need to study the Laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to laser and sale of lasers in whatever that Country is.

Example: In the USA:
" FDA regulates all laser products, even handheld, battery-powered lasers that are available for purchase FROM manufacturers, importers, assemblers, dealers or distributors in the United States and its territories. This includes lasers manufactured or obtained on a continuing basis for the purpose of sale or resale.
FDA requires that manufacturers of these lasers limit the power of the laser light to 5 milliWatts (often abbreviated as "mW") or less. The labeling or packaging must allow the purchaser to know the power of the laser, its hazard class, and its wavelength before the laser is purchased. Even online advertisements must display this information for the purchaser."
From: https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/transparency/basics/ucm302664.htm

"help me handle supply" ? Does that mean you have no suppliers in mind or knowledge of laser makers or making?

If all you have is abillity to make a web site it does not sound promising and is not a basis for a business. Grade school children theses days can make a web site--that's really mostly nothing with nothing.

How about money ? How much can you invest in this new business?

Last edited:
So recently I was introduced to the hobby and I am fucking addicted. I was thinking of opening a store. I am semi skilled in web design and web hosting so I could handle that part but would need someone to help me handle supply, information etc. if anyone is interested pm me.
Really????
Outright swearing on the Forum does not give your
question any extra weight.

I want a easily visible beam at night. Even maybe in a dimly lit room. I have $90 to spend.

$90 will not get you far in any business venture..IMO

Jerry

Maciej

Really????
Outright swearing on the Forum does not give your
question any extra weight.

$90 will not get you far in any business venture..IMO

Jerry
During the fidget spinner craze you could get very far. I've realized that swearing is sort of exiled on this forum and will chill. Dropshipping is a very viable option and all you really need is money for a host. For example look at all the random selly stores on this forum. No offense to them. They are literally dropshipping stores with no SEO. Laserpointerstore.com literally will not show up in browser unless you copy and paste the whole description.

Last edited:

Maciej

What Country are you in and in what Country do you imagine you want to start a laser store? You need to study the Laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to laser and sale of lasers in whatever that Country is.

Example: In the USA:
" FDA regulates all laser products, even handheld, battery-powered lasers that are available for purchase FROM manufacturers, importers, assemblers, dealers or distributors in the United States and its territories. This includes lasers manufactured or obtained on a continuing basis for the purpose of sale or resale.
FDA requires that manufacturers of these lasers limit the power of the laser light to 5 milliWatts (often abbreviated as "mW") or less. The labeling or packaging must allow the purchaser to know the power of the laser, its hazard class, and its wavelength before the laser is purchased. Even online advertisements must display this information for the purchaser."
From: https://www.fda.gov/aboutfda/transparency/basics/ucm302664.htm

"help me handle supply" ? Does that mean you have no suppliers in mind or knowledge of laser makers or making?

If all you have is abillity to make a web site it does not sound promising and is not a basis for a business. Grade school children theses days can make a web site--that's really mostly nothing with nothing.

How about money ? How much can you invest in this new business?
Anyone can make a selly website. I will be hosting everything off 2 offshore vpss so there will not be a problem with laws other than getting stuff past customs. For supply we just need to find the drop shipper these selly stores are using.

Frost

Anyone can make a selly website. I will be hosting everything off 2 offshore vpss so there will not be a problem with laws other than getting stuff past customs. For supply we just need to find the drop shipper these selly stores are using.

why don't you make a website first?

then see how much orders you get?

if there is enough 'request' then other member will be more likely to help.

why would people choose you over competition that has been around for a long time? eg: DTR laser shop.

I think our ole pal is bored again, starting these threads. He does that, comes in with socks and starts agreeing or arguing with people, crazyjay AKA VisualGreen and a few others, maybe a Giraffe now too.! Really, who comes in and in two threads starts throwing out profanity from the get go unless a troll.

Last edited:

Maciej

I think our ole pal is bored again, starting these threads. He does that, comes in with socks and starts agreeing or arguing with people, crazyjay AKA VisualGreen and a few others, maybe a Giraffe now too.! Really, who comes in and in two threads starts throwing out profanity from the get go unless a troll.
I've realized this. I am working on graphics and a website as we speak. To gather attention I will be later making a thread with requests for laser related tools to be compiled into one thread. I guantee you I am not a troll just did not known swearing was thought down upon.

diachi

I've realized this. I am working on graphics and a website as we speak. To gather attention I will be later making a thread with requests for laser related tools to be compiled into one thread. I guantee you I am not a troll just did not known swearing was thought down upon.

Maybe build up some reputation before you start building an online store...?