Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Trek Phaser Mod - Balloon Pop

jayrob

Added:

12X Blu-Ray Star Trek Phaser video! - Click here! (for best view) :cool:

Hey I never realized how cool it is to have a laser on a 'trigger', with sound! These things are really fun...

Balloon pop video:

Just for the record, in the video, the beam looks like it is angled up a little. Because the camera is above the phaser. But as you can see from my beam shot picture, it is perfectly aligned... :cool:

phaser%20beam.jpg

If you would like to see details of this modification, here's my tutorial: :)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/tutorial-star-trek-phaser-mod-46761.html

Last edited:

jayrob

Yep...

It is wired with the switch powering the sound circuit, and also the laser driver simultaneously.

There are two different sound choices, and a silent option as well...

Cool. Those Star Trek phasers just beg to be modded like that... I may extend my "geekdom" to the point of buying one of these at a toy/SF fair and modify it with one of the 100 mW (ish) DX modules I have... Or push the insanity to the point of a Green/blueray mod combo to get a blueish death ray... mmh. methinks I have another project on my hands... damn you Jayrob!!! :D ;) j/k

Robert

jayrob

damn you Jayrob!!! :D ;) j/k

Robert

:crackup: Ha ha!

I just ordered a 12X and it's going into a phaser. That's how cool I think they are...

I never really gave it much thought before, but with the sound and everything, it really gives you the feeling that your firing a weapon! :cool: