Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spymode 100mw for sale

I have a spymode laser that works fine and kicks but, The reason I am selling it it I am saving up for a Nova X-105. I am going to be straight with you. It is focused at like 6 inches so it does it's best burning there but It will still pop a balloon from like 3-4 ft away. There is a little bit of scatter around the dot. I tried to clean it but It never really got any better. If you are interested please let me know. To gve you an estimate on how much I am looking for. I paid just shy of $180 for it so I am thinking $140 + shipping. that price is negoitable

S

SenKat

An idea for you - you COULD raffle it off if you like ? You set the rules, then send to me - and I can run it for you - just a thought....folks may not want to shell out lots of cash for it, but may be willing to spend $5-$10 on a chance for one !

Most of us already know and assume, but just in case, since I noticed the seller did not take the responsibility to mention it:

The Spymodes are horribly unfiltered lasers. The 150mW version I tested was good for around 10-15mW of sustained green and had a quick peak up to ~90mW at the beginning.

I agree with SenKat that they may be a better option. Even for a new 100mW Spymode, $145 is very steep IMO.

I agree, $145 is pretty steep, I paid $180 so I was just throwing out a number. I have heard that they are poorly filtered, but I did the cheap test through my goggles and I didn't see anything, but I may be wrong and may have had a wrong camera. So, I don't know.
I think I may send it to Greg if no one is interested in buying it straight out. as for the performance, it fires right up and kicks butt for like 5 secs, then it does dim for another 3-5 secs then it goes right back to the original brightness.