Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder III Arctic diode/driver/heatsink rebuild.

TTerbo

very nice grats on that conversion,
its still running good?

and is that a laptop or a work bench? (jk...:p)

Lol yea that laptop has been worked on tons of times.
I think the heatsink was around 30 ish if I recall. Still works perfectly. Had I known these could be pushed to 2w, id have probably done that. The heatsinking is really good after the thermal epoxy.

Thanks for the info, I'll probably do this if and when it breaks. Ive had my G1 now for almost 4 months, and still going strong! I also think you did a good service to many here who want to eventually upgrade there Arctics! :gj:

Tonga

I've read a lot of stuff about the Arctic, good and bad. I don't have a LPM but I find it to be extremely bright but I'm new to this kind of power. I like the apparent quality and I am pretty picky about my guns and lasers. I agree with LORDJET if this thing craps out it's going to get a going over with dual Micro Flex V5s, Jayrobs 405 G-1 lens and push for double stock output.

Yea, I think alot of people are going to upgrade there's as well. I have already installed a 405-G1 though. Just curious to see the difference! Even without a LPM, It's burning is more pronounced:eg:

Tonga

Actually mine is good construction but it's the newest production. I get the feeling they are following complaints seriously and maybe even LPF and putting out better products, the Arctic and their shades.
I usually cannot leave anything alone, already looking to replace the lens with the 405-G1 and the window with a sapphire window just to really clean up the beam.

I'm considering selling this as I dont use it as often now that I have my pen sized 445. I have two 18650's(one stock, one trustfire) and double wall charger to include. You can check my feedback on ebay, mhornfeck72205. +158 100% feedback. Shoot me offers if youre interested. Total invested in this laser is about $320 so something a little under there would be acceptable.

Microboost @ 1100ma, new diode, copper heatsink.

I think you would have better luck selling your Laser in
the B/S/T section...
You could include a link to this Thread.....:yh:

Jerry
(8216-335-60000)