Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder Arctic Laser Mini Prototype

BobMc

I understood everything ...!

Thank you for the valuable advice....! therefore, in order to build a laser (possibly) to sell, there is a need to have many components ,which, unfortunately, I do not own ! nor I can buy ,because they cost a bang...!
I apologize if I have been so intrusive....
I know that it's better that I dedicate myself to my work of 3D printing and that's it ! here, I will go just to admire Your beautiful projects laser of high power !

Best Regards

Think you have a very laudable goal.( building hosts ) You are more than welcome here. Yes to build a nice host it takes lot of skill and practice. But as you said you have a passion for Laser than this is the place for you. You can learn everything you need to know. It may take a bit, but it's a hobby that is extremely fun. It does take a bit of cash but it didn't have to be all at once, a little here a little there works just fine. Hope to hear from you again. Best wishes with your 3D printing and happy laseing ( if I can plagiarize a another member saying ). :)

Encap

I understood everything ...!

Thank you for the valuable advice....! therefore, in order to build a laser (possibly) to sell, there is a need to have many components ,which, unfortunately, I do not own ! nor I can buy ,because they cost a bang...!
I apologize if I have been so intrusive....
I know that it's better that I dedicate myself to my work of 3D printing and that's it ! here, I will go just to admire Your beautiful projects laser of high power !

Best Regards

What BobMc said.

If you ever have a hand held laser that you have built please post pictures and details.

Good luck with your 3D printer

Last edited:
Am I understanding what I'm seeing in the OP ?

It's just basically solid with no threaded or moving parts of any kind ? More or less an outline ?

And one more question are there 3D printers now that can print in aluminum ???

Last edited:

Encap

Am I understanding what I'm seeing in the OP ?

It's just basically a solid with no threaded or moving parts of any kind ? More or less an outline ?

And one more question are there 3D printers now that can print in aluminum ???

Yes tht is all it is a solid plastic external shape that looks like a cartoon of a WL Arctic of no use as a laser host.

Yes, there are 3D printers that can print in metal from metal powders. The price for a pro metal printer is high: a professional metal 3D printer from EOS or Stratasys will set your business back from $100.000 to $500.000 or more--probably around $750,000 with all inital supplies and other equipment. Also, the costs rise as you need someone to operate and maintain the machine and also to finalise the print (i.e. polishing). Simply put: In there is no affordable metal 3D printer at the moment.

See: https://www.eos.info/systems_solutions/metal

See also: https://all3dp.com/metal-3d-printer-guide/

Yes tht is all it is a solid plastic external shape that looks like a cartoon of a WL Arctic of no use as a laser host.

Ya i'll say !

I suppose you could use one to practice the proper grip when holding a real WL Arctic ! :D

Just throwing this out here. A dummy cell or spacer for pen builds. A conductor going through the middle with button terminal ends. Some of the manufactured lasers have too much clearance in the battery tube so magnet spacers are used. Some think it's not a safe approach. The Sanwu 3x BE could use a lens cover. Just some ideas that could fill a need. But forget about using plastic for a host. Usually the host is part of the electrical circuit. So there are things you could do but don't expect to be the next survival lasers with what your working with.

Thanks for all the positive comments and useful advices ...!

As I say I as of now I only have the laser modules full 500mw+ttl , 1.6 W, 1W InfraRed+ttl , 2.5 W, 5.5 W and then I only have one laser pointer 2W (Jet Laser) + power supply electric current or 2x16340 or 2x18650 or 2x26650 . Then now that I remember (given that you spent a lot of time) I have also complete modules from 12mm blank, for laser diodes 5.6 mm, and 9mm ,the press to insert the diode ! Just I have nothing ! if you like,

I can take photos and share them with all of You!!!!!

GSS

Just throwing this out here. A dummy cell or spacer for pen builds. A conductor going through the middle with button terminal ends. Some of the manufactured lasers have too much clearance in the battery tube so magnet spacers are used. Some think it's not a safe approach. The Sanwu 3x BE could use a lens cover. Just some ideas that could fill a need. But forget about using plastic for a host. Usually the host is part of the electrical circuit. So there are things you could do but don't expect to be the next survival lasers with what your working with.
This would be great first step:beer:

Encap

Sorry for hijacking your thread...

soon you guys shall see nano and spyder 3 in rose gold,24k gold,matt silver,satin chrome metal finishes....

Sorry ? :crackup:

Good way to ruin whatever value theose Wicked LAsers products might have had as real WL OEM products, even though the company and product is very much disliked, low quality and overpriced to begin with or as collectables except to people that don't know any better.
Nobody does that for real and valid reasons--waste of rime a money plus undesirable appearance and reflectivity.
Same as wold be the case if you did that to am sutomobile.

Maybe coat a Spyder 3 with Vantablack--would be alot more interesting see:
https://www.surreynanosystems.com/vantablack

I would counsel, don't do it --is a waste of time and money and will ruin the products value/reduce what litle residual value those items have by turning an overpriced product into a worthless plated novelty joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
As promised , here are the photos of my "Laser Modules" and the photos of my unique laser pointer with espnsore beam 10X , I hope are to Your liking...

Beam Expander 10X
21ozd74.jpg

Another screen of my Beam Expander 10X
mcdpuu.jpg

Switch Keys & closed ring for beam with chain
mtuhbr.jpg

Laser Pointer JetLaser 2W - 445nm
2dhb28x.jpg

Module Laser 5.5W - 445nm with external driver
69kug2.jpg

Back of Module Laser 5.5W with external driver
zugn75.jpg

Module Laser IR 1W - 850nm with TTL driver
6olm61.jpg

Module Laser 500MW - 445nm with TTL
x2j5i0.jpg

Module Laser 1.6W - 445nm
17akj6.jpg

Module Laser 2.5W - 445nm
315zsj4.jpg

It's All....!

BobMc

Sweet, nice pictures, your well on your way to having a nice collection. Only got one labby/module myself, looks like you got some nice looking ones. I imagine the runtime on those larger ones are continual, that's got to be nice. Bet you can do some serious burning with that 5watt unit.:) JL makes some real top notch units, with their BE is like the iceing on the top. Thanks for letting us see. :)

Last edited:
Yep , all the laser modules are connected way DC ! and are all duty cicle !

All diodes are Nichia 9mm with the laser logo printed !

Encap

Yep , all the laser modules are connected way DC ! and are all duty cicle !

All diodes are Nichia 9mm with the laser logo printed !

OK pictures -a bit large--would be nice if you could reduce the size of them in the post and future posts.

At least they show that you have some interest in lasers.

If you actually make/construct/assemble a fully functional, metal host, hand held laser some day based on one of your 3D print modelings/prototype external shape only designs, post some pictures of it, build details, parts details, costs, and test results here on LPF
That would show abilty to supply/make a viable/functional metal host laser--maybe a few people would be interested in buying one depending upon pice and several other considerations--if that is what you want to do--is alot of doing and trouble for possible selling of just a couple of pieces at low cost.
Even if you build one using anyone else's host --post something about it--show that you assembled a functioning hand held laser. Would be intersting for everyone toi see--is what members do here.

Last edited:
Ok, fine next time I will post the photos in a smaller format ! I can not deny that I would love to be able to build starting from "0" to a laser pointer plug and the battery (so to speak), the fact is that I miss the drivers , the diodes , the lens collimatrice G2 (say G2 because it is the best and it is the only lens to not absorb even 1% of the laser light) so as to strengthen it and make him unload all his power . I know the components are very expensive ! and at the moment are a bit like the saying goes "green" ...!!!!!