Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spyder 3 or not...

Spyder 3 Arctic

Hello i want to buy a spyder 3 and i have some questions... :thinking:

1)it's realy a good laser?

2)for point the sky it's a good laser?

3)"Strong laser in a strong body. The aircraft grade aluminum chassis lets you be confident that the body is as tough as the laser is strong. It's also totally portable, smaller than a regular flashlight, you can carry all this power in the palm of your hand."
it's a fake or not?

4)can i burn a ballon with a lence with long distance

5)the price is good?

(english is not my first language,but i think you can read this with not big probleme :angel:)

if you speak french you can pm me :)

MacTheZazou

Last edited:

Morgan

Yes, cool looking laser but not good from a build quality point of view.

For a well built laser you would do better buying one from a member, having someone build one for you, or building one yourself.

Most of your other questions can be answered with a, "Oui!".

I can build one for you, as can many others. I am in the UK so it almost certainly will be quicker shipping!

M
:)

Fenzir

If you buy one from somebody here, it will be of better quality and cost less. However, to point at the sky, you only need 5mw of green and you can easily see the entire beam.

eexe

Green because of divergence, arctic or another 445 nm laser will have a fatter beam.

but what is the better for the sky...

a cheap green laser (100mw)
or the spyder...

For pointing in the sky, you really don't need a 1W.... I mean it looks cool, but it's major overkill, kind of like going hunting for deer with a .50:eg:

Get a 100mW green... you'll like it. The ones from o-like tend to be pretty good... the transformable seems to be a very solid model.

Fenzir

i have a 100w green lase but i want a better laser and the spyder is "cheap"

You do not have a 100w green laser.

A 400mw green laser will be more visible than a 1w spyder laser and cost less. You can buy a nice 1w blue (445nm) laser in the BST section for way less than a spyder and it will have better quality.

Depending on the laser you have, you may not actually have 100mW...

If ypu consider the spyder cheap, I would highly advise you to take a look at optotronics green lasers... they are very high quality and with great service.

Edit... for pointing even 200mW of green works better than 1W of 445nm.

Last edited: