Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

spirograph guidence needed

i want to build a spirograph and i want to use cheap computer fans that have an adjustable speed, i don't know if i can or how i would hook them up to a power source, so if someone could post a link to a website that i could buy 2 or 3 fans from that would work, that would be great!

-laserlover

Look on ebay, I got a four channel speed adjustor for about $10 (you can see it at the back of the photo).

One thing is though, they do not do a very wide speed range....

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• 3mirror01_002.jpg
    3mirror01_002.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 94
do the fans hook up their power through the speed adjuster or through something else?

12v and 5v input connects to the large connector to the right of the control panel, the fans connect to the small 3 pin headers on the left....I added switches to turn fans off individually.....

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• 3mirror02.jpg
    3mirror02.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 93
Where do you guys get all these spiffy acrylic mirrors? (slovenia is like the anti-DIY capital of the world, had to treck across the main city of ljubljana for 2 hours looking for some damn black foam to finish up my portable laser carry case... >:()

brtaman

rog8811 said:
Look on ebay, I got a four channel speed adjustor for about $10 (you can see it at the back of the photo).
One thing is though, they do not do a very wide speed range....
Regards rog8811

I LOVE this list!

I had no idea these existed.

Go ahead . . . .make my job easier!

Thanks, Rog

Peace,
dave

Back