Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spirograph for 29.99?

VW

^Do they ship to the UK? I might have to get me one of those...

VW said:
^Do they ship to the UK? I might have to get me one of those...
unfortunately if your talking about the Fireball Laser Projector, i looked all over the internet and the only country they will ship it directly to is the US. but I'm sure you can make a deal with someone on the forums and they will ship it to you. i would love to help with this but seeing as how i am only 16 my options on many things are severely limited, i will ask a few people if they would be willing to help you though, if you would like.

bobobob121 said:
how would you go about replacing the laser installed with one of your own?
i can only help you with the Mighty Mini Laser since thats the only one i have, the laser module just sits inside a plastic housing that is screwed onto two bracket like posts inside the spyrograph, as long as you fit it onto the brackets its already aligned perfectly with the mirrors.

Kenom

Cyparagon said:
[quote author=yobresal link=1225664432/0#1 date=1225664812]You can get it from there website for 21 shipped. What is it powered by?

mine was 12VAC

to op: that is NOT a spirograph.... it's better! It has two galvos (vibrating mirrors as opposed to spinning mirrors) that are sent amplified sound waves from a built-in Mic.

They make for some impressive beams with music... all for less than $30 (provided you upgrade the laser of course). The pattern when projected on a wall looks very much like what's on the box. The beams created, however, look  like this

[/quote]

Are you sure they are "galvos" or are they oscilating mirrors? there is a big difference. You could I'm thinking produce this same effect by bouncing the laser onto a mirror on a speaker.

Kenom said:
[quote author=Cyparagon link=1225664432/0#12 date=1225726323][quote author=yobresal link=1225664432/0#1 date=1225664812]You can get it from there website for 21 shipped. What is it powered by?

mine was 12VAC

to op: that is NOT a spirograph.... it's better! It has two galvos (vibrating mirrors as opposed to spinning mirrors) that are sent amplified sound waves from a built-in Mic.

They make for some impressive beams with music... all for less than $30 (provided you upgrade the laser of course). The pattern when projected on a wall looks very much like what's on the box. The beams created, however, look like this

[/quote]

Are you sure they are "galvos" or are they oscilating mirrors? there is a big difference. You could I'm thinking produce this same effect by bouncing the laser onto a mirror on a speaker.
[/quote]
yea theres an indestructible on how to do the same thing for less than $10 using a $1 red laser, a wire coat hanger, a cardboard tube, a rubber glove, and of course a speaker

Kenom said:
Are you sure they are "galvos" or are they oscilating mirrors? there is a big difference.

Galvos are oscillating mirrors. Where's the difference? If anything, it's a colloquialism in reference to oscillating speed.

They are by no means fast, (as far as galvos go) if that's what you're getting at, and yes - a similar effect could be attained by placing a mirror on two speakers. But that's a lot of work and affects the sound of the speakers (ie. sounds like shit) and is only proportional to the sound amplitude.