Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spiker saber help

Jhop

So my spiker saber styler came today, and I cant seem to get it to turn on :(

I tried protected batts, and unprotected. But the tybe is long, and the unprotected slide back and forth, so i tried magnetic spacers on the positive ends of the unprotected batts, and it closes the gap but satill no juice. These are panasonic batts, 18650's, and arte charged and work in other lasers

Im pretty sure with the spiker saber positive goes at tail cap? since there is a spring inside the tube at driver/diode end. I havnt tried putting them in with neg at tailcap, for fear of damage. Also is it safe to put magnetic spacers on protected batterys?

Host negative. Positive in first. As far as I know (not much) the only hosts that take batteries negative in first are 532nm lasers.

Last edited:

BobMc

Thanks goodness the Spiker's have reverse polarity protection, so you should be ok! Magnetic spacer are required on mine so I imagine they should work on yours ? Those Spiker's are a great unit! I have a 635 and I love it!

Last edited:

Jhop

Yep that was it, Podo PM'd me as well. Neg at tailcap. Thank god for polarity protection :shhh:

I have to use magnetic spacers. Works beautifully. much love for Sanwu :beer:

Yeah my Saber confused me at first as well. I had to use a pair of 18650s that were slightly longer than most for it to work. I hope you enjoy yours cause I know I enjoyed mine!