Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spectrometer recommendations?

JimMc

I'm looking for recommendations on a good spectrometer for measuring non-fiber coupled laser and LED wavelengths. Any suggestions?

I need measurements up to 1100nm so using a diffraction grating visually won't work.

-Jim

Last edited:

I have an Ocean Optics USB2000+. It is by far the best of all the spectrometers I have used. Much better than the B&W Tek ones I have used, but they don't come cheap. Even used ones come at a higher price than most are willing to spend here. You will also want their software to run it on, so......more money.

JimMc

That's helpful, thanks. I just checked out their website and have written them for a quote.

kecked

I agree the usb2000 or hr2000. Look on eBay. You can pick it up for 1k. Ocean optics will want 5k.
Mine does 200nm -1120nm. No issue. I’ve measured from 266-1100. No problem. It’s about 1nm width. In the visuali have split 0.5nm with a blob peak.

JimMc

Thanks, just checked ebay and the prices look good there. Don't I still need their software though? Is the software not tied to the serial number of the spectrometer?

I use their Spectrosuite software. It will recognize your spectrometer and its calibration every time you logon. There are other software options too.