Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

source for 5mw green lasers with an IR filter

AX3L

hi, i'm sorry if there's already a thread asking this, i didn't see it.

where can i get a 5mw green laser that does have an IR filter?

is there a high beam quality option that's eye safe?

FuzzyPancake

I do not own one of Laserglow's green <5mw lasers, but I do own one of their 635nm <5mw reds and I was impressed with it. Others have reviewed their green lasers very favorably and Laserglow offers a number of form factors and finishes. They are out of Canada, so their shipping isn't prohibitively expensive, but it's still still not cheap if you're ordering from the US. Their customer service is excellent too in my experience if you have any questions; you may have to ask if they include IR filters, but in a <5mw laser the IR radiation leakage will be minimal (about .625mw) to the point I wouldn't care of there was a filter or not.

Last edited:

GSS

hi, i'm sorry if there's already a thread asking this, i didn't see it.

where can i get a 5mw green laser that does have an IR filter?

is there a high beam quality option that's eye safe?
Optotronics Lasers has a true 5mW, 10mW, 20mW, etc.. all with IR filters.

I do not own one of Laserglow's green <5mw lasers, but I do own one of their 635nm <5mw reds and I was impressed with it. Others have reviewed their green lasers very favorably and Laserglow offers a number of form factors and finishes. They are out of Canada, so their shipping isn't prohibitively expensive, but it's still still not cheap if you're ordering from the US. Their customer service is excellent too in my experience if you have any questions - you may have to ask if they include IR filters, but in a <5mw laser the IR radiation leakage will be minimal (about .625mw) to the point I wouldn't care of there was a filter or not.

All of laserglows 532nm lasers including the Anser are IR filtered.

all DPSS JETLASERS have filters. these afaik are not expensive.
By metering with your filter on and with it off you can determine if the laser already has an IR filter.
another way ( but not as accurate AFAIK) is to meter once then meter again but this time thru some eye ware for green lasers.
Most of what passes will be IR--(I think)
also AFAIK if you are not very close to an IR source the danger is much less- it 'spreads' a lot ..IIRC.