Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SonyStyle is a F****** Scammer!!

K

kingzilla

Re: SonyStyle

Well for those who traded with him, I can only pray that it isn't, but after what we know about TG, we have to react quickly and decisivley to avoid more carnage.

I am renaming this thread until we have more info, I don't want anyone trading with him until we have this figured out.

S

SenKat

I know the evidence looks damning, but to be safe - let's try to not jump the gun. If it IS TG - then he will get his - but there had better be proof.

K

kingzilla

SenKat said:
I know the evidence looks damning, but to be safe - let's try to not jump the gun.  If it IS TG - then he will get his - but there had better be proof.

Yeah, I have tried not be accuse him of anything, as we MUST presume innocence until further evidence. Saying that, as a moderator we need to protect the forum from any possible scams. I am trying to balance the two, hopefully this will turn out to be a false alarm, but if it is the real thing, I don't want to do nothing and have people get their stuff stolen. That is why he was able to casue so much damage on LC, there was no coordinated response from the mods, or users.

S

SenKat

True - but don't ban him until he has a chance to come through on this one (again)

S

SenKat

lovinlasers22 said:
To everyone that knows about the trade between me and sonystyle i would like to tell you that sonystyl sent the laser out on tuesday. Hopefully it will be here today so that i can take some pics of it and put them up on here. I will keep you all informed once i get home from school...LOL!

Did you get a tracking number ?

K

kingzilla

SenKat said:
True - but don't ban him until he has a chance to come through on this one (again)

I am not going to ban him at all. From what I have seen that is not the best way to deal with scammers. We need to let him come back and defend himself. Hopefully sort this out, and it will all be just a wird coincedance. Hopefully he will (seeing that he live in Oveido) go and get all our stuff back from TommyGreen! ;D

nope, he never gave a tracking number but he said he shipped priority mail on tuesday so that's 2-3 days so it wasn't here today so if it's not here tomorrow then my buddy, whom I was only trying to get interested in lasers like i am, will be down a 3-400 dollar gps. I feel terrible as it's kind of my fault for setting the trade up. :(

S

SenKat

lazerlover said:
nope, he never gave a tracking number but he said he shipped priority mail on tuesday so that's 2-3 days so it wasn't here today so if it's not here tomorrow then my buddy, whom I was only trying to get interested in lasers like i am, will be down a 3-400 dollar gps.  I feel terrible as it's kind of my fault for setting the trade up. :(

No - what you and your buddy NEED to do is take ALL of your emails concerning this guy, all of the posts on here, all of his contact information (did you EVER get a phone number ?) and go to the police - say you want to press charges for mail fraud, and wahtever else you can press this guy with. THAT way - rather than getting pissed off on here (hey, it happens, man !) you take it to the next level - and you wash your hands of it - VERY pricey lesson to learn - NEVER swap without knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are 100% legit.

T

timelord

This shit really makes me sad guy's coz we do have a good reputation in trades here. I'm now on the war path if this is TG again :mad:

Cant you check IP addresses mods? and see if it is the same as TommyGreen?

K

kingzilla

Well, I checked the IPs, here is

TommyGreen23's: 24.110.38.20

and SonyStyle's: 24.110.2.120

N00B

That really doesnt prove much seeing as most ISP's assign Dynamic IP adresses (meaning they change).

Both are IP address's from earthlink, That alone is a bit fishy.

Pretty close but not close enough is it im not that great at computers. :-[

S

SenKat

Moderator said:
Well, I checked the IPs, here is

TommyGreen23's: 24.110.38.20

and SonyStyle's: 24.110.2.120

Okay - again.....it's the same city, guys......the IP's are gonna be similiar. No lynch mob mentality. If it is him, he deserves what he gets - if it is a different guy, let's go a little bit easy on him. I know it doesn't look good so far.

N00B

Just to clarify, when i said it didnt prove much, i meant that its most likely the same person, seeing as ip addresses do change and those are very similar and from the same ISP.

Grab ya knife and pitchforks boys