Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sony SLD1239JL-54 diode oddity...

daguin

amkdeath said:
just continuing on with the Mac vs Windows humor, and that was a Computer-nerd joke, (which was most likely now killed) I didn't expect everyone to understand it.
But one question, the D and the DBK's, are they both 20x Burners? I mean, one is open can, one is windowless, but if both drives are 20x they should put out around the same power.
regards,
amk

I haven't run an increasing power test on them. I did try a quick and dirty "let's see if it will take the 420mA I already have the driver set at" test. It did NOT appreciate 420mA. I may set up the other one (I got two) to test its power line, but after building the matched sets and the other couple of single blu-rays, I'm a bit tired of sitting at my desk. I've got to get in the sunshine for awhile. ;)

Peace,
dave

Keep the windowless ones, they should preform somewhat better at burning and a whole lot better for holography :D

heruursciences said:
Keep the windowless ones, they should preform somewhat better at burning and a whole lot better for holography :D

I'm VERY close to catching the holography bug...dangit :p

daguin

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=heruursciences link=1214711300/12#17 date=1215580374]Keep the windowless ones, they should preform somewhat better at burning and a whole lot better for holography :D

I'm VERY close to catching the holography bug...dangit :p[/quote]

Tell your wife not to worry. I'm making arrangements for an intervention now.

Remember, the men who come to your door wearing shiny shoes are your friends

Remember -- shiny shoes = friend

Go with the nice men. They are your friends

Breathe in

Breathe out

Breathe in

Breathe out

Close your eyes

Breathe

Peace,
dave

Kenom

daguin said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1214711300/12#18 date=1215666722][quote author=heruursciences link=1214711300/12#17 date=1215580374]Keep the windowless ones, they should preform somewhat better at burning and a whole lot better for holography  :D

I'm VERY close to catching the holography bug...dangit :p[/quote]

Tell your wife not to worry.  I'm making arrangements for an intervention now.  

Remember, the men who come to your door wearing shiny shoes are your friends

Remember -- shiny shoes = friend

Go with the nice men.  They are your friends

Breathe in

Breathe out

Breathe in

Breathe out

Close your eyes

Breathe

Peace,
dave

[/quote]

Heheheheeeeee.

Rhith said:
I said keep them as is even though mine haven't arrived yet. ::)
But as pointed out, once they're closed up in a module there should be no issue with them being open.

And stop attacking OS X! I'm using a MacBook and I love it! ;D
I don't do much computer gaming and that's my only draw to Windows right now, and if I change my mind, Parallels here I come! :cool:

I use VMware Fusion. It's much better imo.

And another thing... Mac OS X is hands down the best OS on the planet. It has the stability of UNIX and the best graphics anywhere. Its not nearly as resource hungry as windows, and you never have to reinstall it. Winblows is shit. It's simple logic. If you want games, get a $300 console, don't spend $700 on a graphics card for half-rate graphics.

SenKat_Stonetek said:
[quote author=daguin link=1214711300/0#11 date=1215492085]Do you know what happens when you order Pioneer 115[highlight]DBK[/highlight] drives instead of Pioneer 115[highlight]D [/highlight]drives by accident?

I do.

You get closed can Senkat diodes

And do you know what you will see when you look closely at them?

I do.

You will see that they do NOT have a window in them.

Windowless diodes straight out of the DVD burner

Peace,
dave

That is very, very, odd ! I have not seen any incidents due to the lack of a window - perhaps that is one reason why they perform so dang well ? According to Mike's chart - they give the long open cans a run for their money with the correct current pushed through them :) {And they do not need harvesting ! Wooo-hoo !}

Thanks for the great info, Dave - a GEM if there ever was one, for sure ![/quote]

Sorry for the threadcrash senkat but:

daguin! thanks for the info, I thought the only diff was color the D BK for black, you just saved me some dough. I was planning on making an open can burner, and had my sights set on the 115dbk thinking it was the same hardware/diode!?!?! Crap good thing my conscience got the better of me when I was about to place the order!

Crap now I goto find a good open-can alternative available from the pc suppliers in my country...

brtaman

brtaman said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1214711300/12#12 date=1215492800][quote author=daguin link=1214711300/0#11 date=1215492085]Do you know what happens when you order Pioneer 115[highlight]DBK[/highlight] drives instead of Pioneer 115[highlight]D [/highlight]drives by accident?

I do.

You get closed can Senkat diodes

And do you know what you will see when you look closely at them?

I do.

You will see that they do NOT have a window in them.

Windowless diodes straight out of the DVD burner

Peace,
dave

That is very, very, odd !  I have not seen any incidents due to the lack of a window - perhaps that is one reason why they perform so dang well ?  According to Mike's chart - they give the long open cans a run for their money with the correct current pushed through them :) {And they do not need harvesting ! Wooo-hoo !}

Thanks for the great info, Dave - a GEM if there ever was one, for sure ![/quote]

Sorry for the threadcrash senkat but:

daguin! thanks for the info, I thought the only diff was color the D BK for black, you just saved me some dough. I was planning on making an open can burner, and had my sights set on the 115dbk thinking it was the same hardware/diode!?!?! Crap good thing my conscience got the better of me when I was about to place the order!

Crap now I goto find a good open-can alternative available from the pc suppliers in my country...

brtaman

[/quote]

OPEN CAN GB!!!

</end adv>

daguin

amkdeath said:
brtaman

OPEN CAN GB!!!

</end adv>

No better alternative exists right now.

Peace,
dave