Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

something different for me

My lasers have never been used in the upstairs of my house, only the basement.. The house that we moved into has one wall across from the kitchen in what used to be the original dining room, that is mirrored from the floor to the ceiling. The people we bought the house from put on an addition on the house and now that is our dining room. When we expand our kitchen next year, the wall /entrance to the kitchen will be removed, an island put in, and those mirrors will be coming down. So I decided to bring upstairs some lasers and more mirrors to shoot the beams back into the wall mirror. I used some fan diffraction gratings too. In my living room I have Philips Hue lighting so I used a few different colors to add some contrast to the mostly green beams. I also used a minimal amount of fog, but since the walls are shades of white, the room was lit up by all of the laser light making it a bit harder to capture beams without being washed out. In many of the pics the mirrored wall gives the illusion that it is a big room as half of it is a reflection. On some of the pics I have to look carefully to se if the pic is of the mirror or the room. There were a lot of beams and reflections of beams going on! I told my wife to take the dogs and go in the bedroom and not to come out until I gave her the signal I was done. I will prpbably have another go at photographing this using multiple diffraction gratings before it gets removed. Could possibly get a grid of dozens of beams. Enjoy

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looking good Bruce, a nice change of pace! :beer:
The mirrored walls really give these photos that extra Wow factor.
The Phillips Hue lighting also adds a nice quality, it's the first time I've seen it used.

GatoX

Amazing beams and se-xy lighting, nice!

Last edited:

ped

Amazing work, again.

Do you use a wide angle lens ? (last picture) .

Thanks!
PED - That shot was with an 8mm fisheye lens. With the sensor conversion it is actually a 12 mm. I do use a 28mm wide angle lens in many of my shots.

always love the pics.. you need to do more work outside of the dungeon.. hehe!

Reactions: GSS
Hey 10fenney,
The "dungeon"is my new domain. It is so nice to have everything set up all of the time, plus all of my lasers and accessories are right next to the room. I get home from work about 2 hours before my wife everyday and once I am done with my daily chores, I am in the dungeon messing around and usually photographing for about an hour everyday. When I get an idea I can experiment with it all week gradually, where in my old garage, everything had be be taken when I was done. So if I get a good idea I can explore it fully

im just giving ya shit.. those are great pics!!

I love how you got the beams to cross!!

Last edited:

Davidx

Always the best photos. I smile every time I see you have posted new photos. I got a couple diffraction gratings from Dragon. I turned on the smoke machine and was shocked at how I could see all the tiny beams from the fan grating. Then I slowly turned it. Wow.