Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Someone to build a portable laser stronger then the odin

AlecBlade

i have a portable burning laser called odin with a 5W and a power output of 5,000 mw i want something stronger way stronger except i dont ave the skills nor knowledge to create on. so who here can build something similar to the odin but with more power im talker like beyond a class 4 laser in a portable device. like can it be upgraded to be amazing im talking like something simlar to what styropyro made on youtube is it possible to make it 3 times as strong. how much does something like that will cost. who can build it. i live in nyc

Vision

pIg8W7r.png

Go there.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Lets see, Alec, for your first post here at LPF, you tell us you have no laser skills or knowledge, but you would like a laser that is 3 times stronger than the one that Styro built; is that about right?

Edit: BTW, are you speaking of Styro's 200W bazooka build?

Encap

Lets see, Alec, for your first post here at LPF, you tell us you have no laser skills or knowledge, but you would like a laser that is 3 times stronger than the one that Styro built; is that about right?

Sounds like he wants 3X or more times the output of his 5000mW laser for reasons unknown?

Yeah, we have been getting a lot of attention craving daydreaming daydreamer new members from the Styro videos recently that have no idea of what they are doing and want silly power/output dangerous lasers. They typically have no idea of laser safety or even what of what they are asking for or why really. In this case not even a decent command of the English language, so...

Would guess they are accidents looking for a place to happen mostly --out of ignorance about lasers and laser safety, if nothing else.

AlecBlade:
The most powerful 445nm laser diode is about 7W/7000mW output so see Sanwu for one of those as has been mentioned above. No commercial business entity anywhere makes anything with higher output because there are no laser diodes with a higher output that that, so there are no "resellers" that offer them, like the people who invented the Odin name for a laser they don't make and only resell at inflated prices as well.
Doubt any builder will make an extremely dangerous laser for a completely unknown person with no track record or knowledge of lasers, no Welcome post , no age stated, no indication of being a responsible adult, and so on---maybe someone might but.... It will be very expensive if anyone would bother --many times the price of the one you already have. Who knows?

PS In case you don't know to double the visual brightness requires 4X the output power -so you would need 20W for double the brightness of what you have and that does not exist in any production hand held laser---only in laboratory type lasers. Here is a 20W blue lab laser for only $14,500, see: https://www.ultralasers.com/proinfo.php?productid=137&cat=6&page=1&featured
PPS FYI There are no lasers of any kind that are beyond Class 4 -- For visible-light lasers, Class 4 lasers have an output power of 500 milliwatts and above. There is no upper limit for Class 4 -- this is the most hazardous laser classification.

Last edited:

AlecBlade

i meant something that three times as powerful as the odin i own. not saying that to make something like styro but to have skills like styro

AlecBlade

as for the negative comments and complaining about grammer let me make some things clear. i only said i dont have knowledge on building a stronger laser. second i understand how expensive it can be but that isnt something i care about. as for what i want it or need it for is for a need to know basis. didnt ask for your opinion and i only ask how strong can i make a portable laser. odin is nice but it not the burning force i want. now as for handling laser and responsible adult i am in my 30s and i handle things more dangerious then a laser

Welcome to LPF, wet noodle whipping is the usual response to new members who appear (wrong or right) to have minimal experience with high power lasers wanting to build one. When I joined I had no experience with lasers and was asking for help to build a 50 watt infrared laser, that's even worse, I was whipped and beat about the head and shoulders for that one. Also, although Stryro is a loved member, his videos are meant to grab attention and get clicks, so some of the stuff he shares on YT is a bit over the top and might raise alarm to negatively impact the hobby, so some members don't like to see him put those up. That kind puts you on a twofer negative from the start, reasonable or not.

THAT SAID, I'M CRAZY ABOUT HIGH POWER LASERS TOO

i have a portable burning laser called odin with a 5W and a power output of 5,000 mw i want something stronger way stronger except i dont ave the skills nor knowledge to create on. so who here can build something similar to the odin but with more power im talker like beyond a class 4 laser in a portable device. like can it be upgraded to be amazing im talking like something simlar to what styropyro made on youtube is it possible to make it 3 times as strong. how much does something like that will cost. who can build it. i live in nyc

as for the negative comments and complaining about grammer let me make some things clear. i only said i dont have knowledge on building a stronger laser. second i understand how expensive it can be but that isnt something i care about. as for what i want it or need it for is for a need to know basis. didnt ask for your opinion and i only ask how strong can i make a portable laser. odin is nice but it not the burning force i want. now as for handling laser and responsible adult i am in my 30s and i handle things more dangerious then a laser

Nobody has grammar this bad with the autocorrect here ( lower case I is automatically corrected to upper case, try it and see ) and the pretext as well as his intentional rudeness all point to >>>> Returning troll...........and Alec...........I don't care about how incensed you are that I called you a troll because...........I didn't ask for your opinion either. ;)

Can somebody build a 5W 405nm single mode 😇
Can you post a pic of the odin 5W laser did you measure the mW !!

Encap

Here we go again... another secret project.
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Exactly--here we go again...
The question of course is , Why?
Am sure you can guess, as usually is the case, a "secret"meaning dangerous, reckless, irresponsible, uninformed, uneducated and probably of questionable legality, daydream imagined device and use, typically generated by and 10 to 15 year old mindset----imagined "power".
Nothing to do with anything lasers are used for legitimately, safely, responsibly, and legally, is also a good guess. lol

AlecBlade:
Perhaps you should read/look at the "How to make a Laser Death Ray" web site here: http://panoptesv.com/SciFi/LaserDeathRay/DeathRay.html
At least would be some education about what lasers can and can do in the real world and the web site has a lot of excellent references and excellent detailed explanations and examples in each category/section.
Whatever you are imaginings about lasers, "burning", and output "power" in imagination are, it would probably be helpful to get a grip on what some of the many real parameters and real considerations are in the real world beyond a few YT "University" videos and a Chinese reseller of factory manufactured lasers available in China at very high retail prices.

For a relatively low cost good quality high output power blue laser, lab type, up to 20W see: https://www.ultralasers.com/lasers-series.php?cat=6

Last edited:

Philipnzw

Cool shitpost.
In all honesty though, i too dreamed about lots of crazy shit when i was in my early teens, and i still remember bugging lazeerer to sell me a high powered blue laser for 30US shipped. That was about 6-7 years ago and honestly it was very good that i didn't get a high powered laser then, for many reasons.

Shit tier grammar is usually a sign of trolls, or worse yet, a kid.

Sorry man/ kiddo, hate to do this to you but please come back to LPF when you are older, this hobby is super dangerous and even 100mW lasers can do terrible damage. I just created my 1W blue a month ago and honestly, the moment it switched on, my heart sank and i just shut it off. The sheer power from the laser made me question if i am ready to handle something so powerful.
There is A LOT of responsibility to owning something >1W.

Sorry for the negative post but your post just doesn't show that you have a good understanding of this hobby, we will always be ready to welcome you back when you are matured enough to understand the responsibility owning lasers.

Last edited:
5W is a very powerful laser so if you want something "way" stronger than 5W either
A) Your laser is not 5W
B) Your expectations of what a laser can do are unrealistic, and you should look into something like a blowtorch

Try not to bite the hand that feeds you, no one is going to sell you a dangerous laser if you don't show some respect.