Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some Questions About O-Like

aight i just ordered one today but i have some questions. what is customs and isnt it not allowed to ship high powered lasers to the usa.

jib77

aight i just ordered one today but i have some questions. what is customs and isnt it not allowed to ship high powered lasers to the usa.

Customs is a gov agency that controls the flow of good between countries. They collect duty taxes if applicable, and confiscate what is not legal for import. In the US, lasers above 5mw are not legal for import unless they meet strict FDA restrictions and the company obtains an "accession number" from them. Most Chinese companies do not meet this criteria. BUT ... Due to the limited amount of manpower Customs has, they only inspect a very low percentage of the incoming mail. The risk of confiscation is tiny. Next time if you are concerned or are dropping serious $$$, o-like you can ship your order in two packages ... only completed lasers are restricted.

Ordered one this week. Am from uk. I put my address in but paid from my dads pay pal account with his address. They took the cash from pay pal so am just waiting for my laser now