Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some Questions about High Power Burning Laser Diode (Renamed)

I'm Searching for a Diode to build something,

so I'm searching for an example 50mW Green Laser Diode or something comparable (perhaps another color if the price isn't do-able)

I only want to spend up to €5,- (£4,09 or $6,35)

and I'm also searching for the parts for the driver

The idea is: the laser should be able to burn through thin plastic with the first second of impact ...

but rather another color than red (since it's very common already)

Thanks in Advance

Greetings:

Thursten

Last edited:

Re: Looking for cheap High Power Burning Laser Diode

For the money you are willing to spend you will not be able to find a laser to do what you want it to do.

For cheaper lasers look at olike or rayfoss.

Not going to happen.....Save up some money and come back..

..........Half assed post gets a half assed answer.

Sorry, Matthew

What Do I need then ??

cause it needs to be as cheap as possible :O

what do you guys Recommend ??

EDIT: Or better, What price am I getting on ??

Greetz.
Thursten

Morgan

You're already asking me these same questions via PM, if you don't think my advice is sound then don't message me. You could simply do the reading I keep suggesting and come back to me.

At least now you don't have to hunt for one of my posts and go straight to the links below.

M
:)

Morgan it's not that I don't think that your answers don't sound good :p cause They are very good but I just wanted some more opinions andasking for sellers ;) :)

Thursten

Morgan

Then confine your questions to the open forum as otherwise you are wasting my time. I can see the forum too.

As for asking for sellers; you don't know what you want to buy yet because you haven't read enough.

M

My grab bags of diodes on ebid.net will do nicely if you want just burning...

Okay Morgan very sorry :O where could I find the reading threads ??

Sorryyy that I annoyd you :p

Greetings:

Thursten

Morgan

I'd first go and read all the PMs I sent in reply to your questions. I tell you numerous times where to start.

But, just because you seem to need some extra special help...

START WITH THE LINKS IN MY SIG BELOW!!! There are keywords at the bottom of my guide to use in the search box at the top of the page.

Many people spend weeks reading the information here on this site, (and elsewhere like, 'Sam's laser FAQs', (look that one up!)), so they don't have to ask the same questions that have already been asked a hundred times. You can't jump in and after a day go, "Ooo, look at this cool laser I've built!". Like I told you before, to rush is to fail. Now go learn...

M

Last edited:

3zuli

well, the cheapest burning laser is red LPC815 (can be up to 350mW) which costs around $10. also few weeks ago there was a GB for LPCs where one sled costed $4.15. Maybe some members could sell them to you at simillar price.
Or you can search on ebay for old DVD rw drives, these are usually very cheap

Learn to use the edit and multiquote buttons

Morgan thanks again I will go read it ;)

@3zuli thanks :p I will check ebay but I also have a few DVD burner/drives here (really into PC's and stuff :p ;))

okay All,,

I read the guide by goninanbl00d,

and have some ideas,,

I just ask and if you guys think it's still stupid please help me further xD

okay I've read that the PHR-803T is kinda comparable with the LPC-815, but witch one burns more?? cause they don't really differ in price,, so I guess the Red one would burn more since it produces 200mW instead of the 90-110mW of the Violet one ??

and I'm using a 2x AA power supply so I guess in both cases (Red or Violet) I need a Boost driver, right ??

and for module/heatsink/lense I think the AixiZ is the best and easy one right ??
(Are the diodes both 5.6mm?? otherwise it won't work right??)

I have the host already and it is adjustable. ;)

Ooh, one thing, how do you kno how much mA a diode can handle (i.c.w. the driver) or is that some information that is given when buying/searching for a diode ??

so these are some things where I would like some confirmation on (unless I'm wrong :p)

Did I do the reading right ??

Thanks in Advance

Greetings:

Thursten

darn now I finally did the reading .. and no one's giving a reaction xD

Nyways :p ...

Ny Reactions(/ideas) ??

Thanks

Thursten

no one ???

(Sorryy forr the BUMP)

:p

Come on you people help me out here :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Morgan

Apologies for rebumping this to the top of the queue folks.

@ ThirstyThursten -

I will answer this post because you asked me to via PM.

The reason nobody has answered it is:

Firstly, this is the, "Buy/Sell/Trade", section and not for asking these generalised questions, (although I am aware you started by asking to buy a diode).

Secondly, although you have done some of the reading that I suggested, you have clearly not used the search box at the top of the page enough to try and find the information you want yourself. In the two days since you asked your questions on the 22nd you should have been able to answer all of your questions on your own. No-one will answer a question that is easy to answer yourself. For example, [quote. sic], "... how do you kno how much mA a diode can handle... ". Looking around will introduce you to the components and searching properly will show you the info you are after, (common diodes are actually posted in goninanbl00d's guide!).

The one question I will give a clue on, as it's not necessarily intuitive, is the burning power one. It's not all about mW, it's about how energetic the light is. The shorter the wavelength, the more energetic it is, so a bluray can be a better burner than a red. (405nm compared to ~650nm). To add to the mix, it doesn't all come down to this either, it depends on what you are trying to burn and the, 'absorption', of the material. For your particular application, (outlined in PMs), you probably would find bluray more useful.

Any other questions should be posted in the appropriate section in the main forum. This, and choosing your questions carefully after searching as much as you can first, will likely get you a better response. LPF likes to help people that try to help themselves first, and demanding help will get you nowhere really quickly! [quote. sic], "Come on you people help me out here :D ". It may have been a joke but it may not look like that way to all.

M

okay Morgan thnxx :)

Sorryy for the nagging :p :yabbem:

I will read further but since the most of my questions are answered I gues I'm gonna read a little more and then buy some stuff (example. the Blu-ray diode :D) since I reaaally reaaally need it soon :)

now I'm only going to search for the right driver :)

thnxx guys :)

Greetz.
Thursten