Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some new pics 8/29/18

These photos were taken two weeks ago and feature quite a few shots using a 532nm. When the 520 nm became popular about four years back or so, I did not use the frequency much. But is is a very vibrant color and it shows in these pics. I also used a 488nm in many of them as well. At least to me, that color has such a nice contrast next to any color and I have certainly gotten my use out of the Sanwu 488. There are mirrors, prisms, a beam splitter, and I broke out my Laserglow #252 diffraction grating that produces parallel lines on a few shots with the 488nm. After I took these I added (and subtracted) more things and took many more pics of it. They are for another day.
Enjoy

DSC_6928_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6930_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6933_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6943_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6953_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6955_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6962_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6966_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6973_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6976_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6983_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6986_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6988_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6991_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6994_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6995_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7093_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7096_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7100_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7104_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7107_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7114_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7115_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

Awesome work again brucemir!! :kewlpics:
Thanks for sharing eyecandy for us!
:thanks:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Great job Bruce! :beer:
I think that photos #1 through #23 are probably the best of the bunch. :D
:kewlpics:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Amazing pictures. :drool: I have to say that my favorite wavelength is still that amazing golden yellow of 593.5. :D Followed a close second by 488. The picture second from the end is definitely my favorite. :D

Spectacular as always, Bruce. It is always a treat for me to see a new thread of yours because I know I will be given some beautiful laser photos. Oh, and + REp.

Great stuff, Bruce. And I echo BowtieGuy - awesome, every one! 6988 and 7096 if I _HAD_ to choose, which I don't, but I did!! In 6976 and a couple others - the metal part of the mirrors (stands) prove helpful in adding some neat reflections / color additions - and I really dig that.
Appreciate you mentioning the diffracting grating - I've been looking around / waiting for the mail to come on some new patterns I'm hoping to try out. Also, the right-angles I ordered are starting to come in, hopefully I can provide some feedback on which ones are "worth" the money (and we're talking 'cheap' here).

As always - thanks for sharing!!

Thanks everyone!

Lew - You should check out Dragon Lasers for the best diffraction gratings without spending a good amount of money. I think around 12 dollars for a fan or matrix pattern. The Laserglow diffraction grating in these pics is only about a quarter inch in diameter and cost me 65 dollars. Over the years I have accumulated at least twenty prisms, some good, some not so good. Some of the first and best ones I got were from LPF member Coconuts about 6 years ago. I have used them quite a bit recently. I also still have an acrylic prism I got at the Smithsonian Air & Space museum about 50 years ago.

I love the Smithsonian. I have been there four times in my life. I like the museum of natural history the best. :D

Hey Paul,
I have been to the various Smithsonians many, many times and have hundreds of photos from them. My favorite is the Air Space Museum at Dulles Airport in Virginia. There is also the one at the Mall, but this one is the better of the two Smithsonian Air Space museums. They have the Enola Gay, a Concorde, the Discovery space shuttle, and a few hundred planes, missiles, space capsules, etc. It is in a huge hanger. But who could ever get tired of seeing the dinosaurs in the Natural History museum. The last photo is from the Smithsonian Sculpture museum. The fluorescent light display was done by an artist Dan Flavin, who specialized in fluorescent lights

Untitled by brucemir, on Flickr

Resize of IMG_3579 by brucemir, on Flickr

Resize of IMG_3580 by brucemir, on Flickr

Resize of IMG_3667 by brucemir, on Flickr

Resize of IMG_0476 by brucemir, on Flickr

Resize of IMG_0472 by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_6755_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice, Bruce! Last time I went to the natural history museum and the air and space museum was the summer of 1967, so not a lot of space stuff around back then. I wasn't interested in the dinosaurs much, but the rocks and minerals being a rock hound at that time. I spent a lot of time looking at the Hope diamond as I have always believed it was the stolen French Blue. Hope was an English thief who likely paid some Frenchman a few Franks to allow him to steal the French Crown Jewels. The Hope diamond fit quite nicely into the dimensions of the French Blue with a bit cut off the side and then recut to make a somewhat oval diamond.

Those all bring back fond memories, Bruce. :thanks:

Hard to believe at the time that diamond was sold, it only went for ~$300,000.00.

Last edited:
I remember seeing the Saturn 5 exhibit at Cape Canaveral years ago, I will have to find my pics and scan them, back then you could climb up on the engine they had sitting and I have a pic of that, it's a big rocket as many of you know, still something to see in person.

Last edited: