Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some "new" pics 2/7

Here are a set of pics I took last November over the course of a week. The first part is using two mirrors suspended about two feet up and mirrors on the table. On some of them there is a nice blending of the colors. The second part I moved my camera behind my set up and "discovered" a really nice pattern of and took many photos of different color combinations and got some very pleasing shots. The one with the rainbow formation is my favorite. I then added some fan diffraction gratings to the mix,(also an "eye" shot) and lastly added a LK-PD2 projector (DMX controlled) to finish it out. In many of the shots, the patterns inside the glass spheres are amazing! Enjoy

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful, Bruce! :beer:
The place to look in this group of photos is definitely 'inside' the globe; some very cool patterns developing in there!
:kewlpics: as usual!

BTW, Did you catch that 'one eyed alien' yet? :crackup:

This has blown my mind! :bowdown: Do you have a room specifically set up for doing this?

Last edited:

Encap

Wow--once again you pull a different rabbit out of the hat!

Beautiful, awesome, great fantaatic-----beyond excellent as always.

You have really taken the use of that sphere form from simple to significant----great images.

Last edited:
Yes he does! I've been inside, it's really quite impressive. :D

It's such a sight even in pictures. This is the kind of thing people use computers to create. No need here. so tastefully done :gj: I now need a laser room!
And many more lasers for that matter. Lol

Also I just did some looking around after seeing this and since it's relevant I figured I'd ask here. How do you go about eye protection with the different wavelengths in this room

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Amazing as always Brucemir. :) Love it when you post. You can brighten up anyone's day with those images. +rep :beer:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

And yes, Sta is the only LPF member to come over and check out my little set up I have.

Bowtieguy - one eyed alien is still at large!

Codiejman - when I am seeing thing up, the lasers are put in their clamps, attached anddnot turned on until I am ready to "fine tune" everything. I have a pair of glasses I got from Dragon Lasers that are effective for 445nm. When I start to align the beams into mirrors I will wear them and I always stand off to the side opposite from where the mirror reflects the beam. Once everything is set, every laser is 100% stationary and the only thing moving is me and my camera/tripod around the room and I don't use my glasses when actually photographing. When I walk around and cross a beam I turn my head. If you look on the last post I did there is a pic of my laser room.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

And yes, Sta is the only LPF member to come over and check out my little set up I have.

Bowtieguy - one eyed alien is still at large!

Codiejman - when I am seeing thing up, the lasers are put in their clamps, attached anddnot turned on until I am ready to "fine tune" everything. I have a pair of glasses I got from Dragon Lasers that are effective for 445nm. When I start to align the beams into mirrors I will wear them and I always stand off to the side opposite from where the mirror reflects the beam. Once everything is set, every laser is 100% stationary and the only thing moving is me and my camera/tripod around the room and I don't use my glasses when actually photographing. When I walk around and cross a beam I turn my head. If you look on the last post I did there is a pic of my laser room.

Oh awesome! I did see a couple other posts of your photos. All of them are really great! I just wasn't sure if there is like a pair of glasses that has all the lenses built in to protect from multiple wavelengths but just being smart about it is the way to go. Anyways your process and the end result is spectacular. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know what to say. Words just don't seem to cut it for your pics.
+rep
Thank You
Ed :beer:

stunning. cant wait to see what you come up with for my dreamcatcher. one of your last ones is my profile pic on facebook, and I'm looking to replace it with one you take soon