Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some new pics 12/17/17

These pics were taken in the past week. I had taken last week off from laser photography as I spent a good deal of time photographing in NYC the past few weeks.The first batch was with the mirrors set up vertically and a sphere to distort the beams. It did produce some nice pics, but after looking at the photos I had taken of this, I decided to switch it up and try another idea.

The idea behind the second batch was to have four long mirrors at different heights on the table and have four lasers (460, 520, 589, & 650nm)about an inch above the surface of the mirrors. I then had other four other lasers go perpendicular under two of the mirrors (and above two mirrors) creating a grid with breaks in it. There was also a clear piece of glass inserted under the mirrors to cause more of a glow by the lasers as they passed above the glass. I was trying to get the edges of the mirrors to glow with color and I think I was able to do that. I do like the way these pics came out and have since started to add prisms to the mix and have some other ideas to add to this basic set up and photograph in the next few days and beyond. Enjoy

DSC_1144_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1154_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1159_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1166_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1169_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1185_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1201_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1202_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1211_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1215_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1218_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1219_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1221_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1224_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1234_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_1244_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
More great stuff, Bruce!
I think you're on to something with those last 6 or so shots, the parallel mirrors with their reflections really add to the overall effect; two beams for the price of one! ;)
I also like that "edge light" effect on the mirrors, it kind of defines their presence, but in a subtle way. :kewlpics:

Very nice as usual, Bruce. I see you took advantage of the fish eye lens on some. I'm always amazed at how well you get clear beam shots. + rep.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Excellent Bruce. Love your use of symmetry etc in your pics. :gj::beer:

You always seem to amaze us with your pics...
Keep up the great photography...:beer:

Jerry

Thanks everyone!

Bowtieguy - Yes. I agree the set up in the last 6 pics is something I am going to work with for the foreseeable future by adding stuff, different angles and heights, different use of color (i.e. - not a rainbow) and so on. I knew when I took a few shots it would be good. I have since taken about 20 shots with a set of 4 prisms to have a set of the beams go upwards. Many possibilities to explore

Last edited: