Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some "new"pics 10/16/18

These pics are actually part 2 from the pics I posted on 8/29/18. Most of the shots here are the same view with substituting different colors. What I set up was very pleasing to my eye and I spent a week shooting this set up. On almost all of them I was using a Laserglow diffraction grating #252. By placing a round mirror in front of the grating, I was able to block the very bright light and got a nice flair effect and that is what I tried to photograph in this batch adding this color subtracting that color. I also used my Hue lights to add some more contrasting colors from above. Enjoy

DSC_7124_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7125_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7126_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7128_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7130_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7134_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7137_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7138_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7150_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7151_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7162_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7163_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7164_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7169_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7170_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7171_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7172_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7181_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

DSC_7183_resize by brucemir, on Flickr

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Winner, winner, Bruce, I love them all, but if I had to pick, my favorites would be 7128 and 7181! (y)(y)

Gorgeous photos, Bruce. I see you used your fisheye lens on all of these. Or, the last few just looked that way because of the bend in the grating maxima. Thanks for sharing them here. I always get a kick out of your photography.

Encap

Great photos once again as has come to be expected from you ---eye candy laser photo art from brucemir
Really like 3128 , 3134 . 3181 but all of them are nice photographic work.

Great job using the multi-colored LED for ambient additions. I have a couple (neither are Hue lights, oddly enough), and I'm thinking these manufacturers should list laser photog as one of the recommended applications in their marketing (DUH!) :p You pulled it off nicely - just the subtle little reflections it creates - very appealing.

Again, well done - and as always, thanks for sharing!!

Thanks everyone!

Paul - I guess just about front on shots are fisheye. It is nice to be inches away and get everything in the picture. Just have to make sure the distortion is not too bad.

Lew - I have two Hue lights in my laser room. With my phone I can change colors and brightness. But the most convient thing I have a switch that looks like a white hockey puck that has 4 buttons that are programmable. I have one set to turn on both lights white light. Another to turn on the front light to look more like a fluorescent bulg, the third button to turn on only the rear light , and the fourth to turn off everything. While photographing I have that wireless remote in one hand and the wireless remote for the camera in the other

That puck sounds extremely useful. I have a google home taught to listen for directions for each or both of the bulbs in my office (as well as other IOT devices in the home), and it will change both brightness and color. Downside is a small delay - I'm sure when in the middle of a longer photo session, turning them off/on over and over could get quite annoying waiting for the things to do what you've asked. Oh, and it makes you sound like a total nut job asking google to turn lights off/on/off/on/%brightness change/color change/off/on all night :D

Hey Lew,
I have three of those “pucks” in my house to control nine bulbs. I have five bulbs in my Living room , two in the Laser room and three in my basement, one of which is battery operated and also used in the laser room from time to time. Now there are many companies making controllable lighting. On a side note, me and the wife are on our way to the Corning Glass Museum in NY state. I was there a few years ago and there is a lot of great stuff there to see buy. Then off to Letchworth State Park for some Autumn scenario

Oh, I didn't know you had the advantage of using the fisheye lens like that, Bruce. I don't see any real distortion in any of your photos. Thanks for the response.

Hi Paul,
The distortion I am referring to is the curvature of the beams. If I am shooting a five frequency rainbow close up with the fisheye, depending on the camera angle to the beams, some of the beams will be curved. I usually try to keep the camera in the middle so the middle beam, in this case, a green, will be totally straight and the the blue and yellow a little curved, and the red and violet, more curved. But with five frequencies the distortion is not too bad. If you check out the last post I had with twelve frequencies, I posted some of the fisheye pics , and even though they are exposed correctlyand do look nice, they also look funky to me. Too much curvature of the beams .

I see. The part you call distortion, to the uneducated eye is the best part of your photos. I have noticed it for years here when people wonder how you managed to make the beams curve. I think it is something one can use to get an effect that one would normally not see, especially outside of a photograph. Thanks for the clarification.