Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some new glass sphere pics

This was my second try at photographing my plasma globe and two different size glass spheres. By placing them in a straight line I was able to get very nice reflections and patterns in the spheres with the plasma globe turned on. And with the lasers were turned on it was even more intense. I used two rainbows of 405,460,520,589, & 650's. I eventually directed the beams into two small mirrors, and then those beams into long rectangular mirrors. I also added some fan diffraction gratings too.
I also took a good amount of shots using just 589's and my 593.5 with the spheres. The yellow ones here, I had also posted on the 589 + 593.5 sticky thread. I left them on this post to see them in the context in which they were taken.
And I also took a sequence of shots using just 405's, the spheres, and added a small uranium glass sphere. By lining up the uranium glass in between the other spheres I was able to get some abstract eclipse shots of it. I think this was one of my better attempts at photographing lasers and optics.
Enjoy.

gozert

Wow, stunning pictures! I already liked your work, but now I like it even more. Damn those are so good. Keep it up Brucemir! +rep when I can.

Pman

WOW! SOMEONE MAKE HIM STOP LOL! Wish I could REP you again:( Big thanks for sharing with us again my friend:)
Let me throw in a pic I took this afternoon for my Pen Laser thread you might like in small payment instead:
The "Devil" is in the details:

Pbk6F4.jpg

U2iiOY.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Gozert, Truss, Pman, and Worlds!

Pman - When I photograph my lasers/optics this weekend I will break out my Radio Shack LX1000 (the one that started it all for me) and some other pens and post a pic or two to your pen thread.

Last edited:

Pman

Don't know if you remember but I also have an LX1000 but it no longer works:( I'll take a pic of it and post it there but obviously not working. I was amazed when messing around that that horned devil appeared. Don't know if I could get that perfect shot again.

Last edited:
Hey Pman,
Mine is still working, but it puts out maybe 1-2mw. I remember when I got it on 1997. It was the coolest thing ever, an actual laser to fit in your pocket. I also have a nice silver pen laser I got from Geek Squad about 15 years ago that one end is a red pointer and the other side a green pointer. When I first turned it on I could not believe how much better a green was than a red. Even though it is only 5mw, I could actually see the beam in the dark. It blew me away! I think I paid 140 dollars for it back then. I will shoot some pics of both of them tomorrow night when I photograph my "normal" laser stuff. I just got a 4" glass cube the rests on its corner. I plan on using that with my large glass sphere and other optics. I started setting up my optics last night and can see what I set up and photograph should be intense.

Those images are awesome to say the least. Love some of those WL!!!!
That must have taken a large amount of time to do those setups. Hey, in the fourth image, if you covered the stands with a black material the spheres would look suspended.
You are my first rep+ :)

PS. Is there a thumbs up "code" like the smiles?

Pman

Sounds great:) Just finished building another LPC-826 in a host I've never seen used before but it's not a pen. Should hit 300mW + with the acrylic and just over 400mW with a G2 but haven't tested it yet. Love how that color photographs. Pics were taken with a simple Olympus SP-500UZ but I do have a better Canon S3 IS and of course the good camera for a phone in my Galaxy Note4. Realize they are a joke compared to what you are using but sometimes I catch a pretty good one considering I almost always use Auto.

IF you click on the smile icon it brings up everything you can choose from.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
:kewlpics:
Another outstanding photo session Bruce, really great stuff! :beer:
My favorites have to be the 4th photo, and the very last one. Don't know why, maybe it's simply the symmetry; anyhow they're all works of art.

+rep sir! :)

Last edited:
Hey Laserchick,
Yes it does take a while to set up (and breakdown), but I enjoy doing it. I will think of ideas, then on Wednesdays I will take over my garage and tentatively set up my table with all of the optics. Then on Thursdays (today when I get home from work) I will set up all the lasers I will be using. I will line up the lasers and optics to what I am trying to do. In the wintertime I will mark off on my tables exactly where the stands are holding the lasers and bring them back into the warm house and put them back in exactly the same spot and then all of the lasers line up perfectly with the optics. Since it is now late spring, I will leave the lasers all set up in my garage. Then on Friday I set up my curtains, fog machine, and all of my photography equipment. So the photos you see above probably took me about 3 hours total time to set up, about 2.5 hours of photography time (I will take between 100-150 shots each session) and about 45 mins put everything away. I repeat the process every week and after 3 years of doing this, it is still as rewarding

In some of my shots I will make a conscious effort to "blackout" the stands and such. I will have to keep it mind, thanks for your feedback!

Last edited:

Pman

What does your wife think of all this? Mine is indifferent.

Mine is the same. Her hobby is quilting and sewing and she spends alot of time on the weekends working on them, so she does her thing and I do mine. I will call her in every once in a while to see what I am photographing and all I will get is' "Its nice". But she lets me pursue it which is great.

"I will call her in every once in a while to see what I am photographing and all I will get is' "Its nice"."

Equals = That's nice dear ... Bahahahahah :D

What does your wife think of all this? Mine is indifferent.

Mine is the same. Her hobby is quilting and sewing and she spends alot of time on the weekends working on them, so she does her thing and I do mine. I will call her in every once in a while to see what I am photographing and all I will get is' "Its nice". But she lets me pursue it which is great.

I get the same response lol