Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some new effects...

Daedal

Hope you enjoy these 2 vids...

Attachments

• DX_on_antistatic.wmv
    3 MB · Views: 47

Daedal

Here's the second one

Attachments

• DX_on_floppy.wmv
    4.6 MB · Views: 42

Daedal

My favorite by far has got to be the static one. It is absolutely gorgeous!

Hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do, and let me hear some of that feedback;
DDL

S

SenKat

Excellent vids ! I love the borealis effect that stuff has on the beams ! I found somehting similiar when my daughter left the plastic wrap from a new dvd sitting on the TV stand - lit up the wole room nicely with all kinds of odd effects ! I never captured them on video like you did, though !

That's really cool! How'd you do this? I tried it with a Floppy and a static bag, only the static bag worked, and that was on the edges where it's pressed. :'( I don't know if it has to do with the fact that your laser is about 40 times the mW mine is or not. Really cool. I wonder what kind of effect you could get if you mounted some of a Floppy disk, or a static bag on a slow moving motor... Great videos!

Daedal

Thanx guys. I'm glad you liked them.

I simple held the static bag and the floppy at an incline and what you saw was the reflection from the laser onto the wall. I was about 2-3 feet away from the wall to keep the effect small and manageable. The laser I was using was the DX200mW. The thing was HOT! Only problem is that is was mode hopping and I am waiting for the new one to ship still... It used to easily top over 200mW though. It could pop balloons from about 15-20 feet instantly and it lit a match unaided from about 6 feet! Needless to say, I was very bummed to let it go. :'(

Hope to be getting a new one soon :)
DDL

wow! those videos are both very "Doctor Who"! (the older title credits screens anyway) very pretty :)

Daedal

LOL... So interesting the responses this effect is getting... I'm glad it's instigating some thought process ;) :) It took me some luck and the right parts to be able to get it right, and now I sometimes spend minutes watching this thing as it obliterates a floppy and enjoying the reflections... :p

Very glad you all like them. I'll post some new stuff soon;
DDL