Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some more pics again

Here are some new pics using a wine glass, water and letting air bubbles exist in the glass (not very good results) some mirrors, prisms, and a suspended crystal in the water. I used a Laserbtb 405nm 500mw, Laserbtb 650nm 100mw, Dragonlasers Aurora 445nm 200mw, Dragonlasers Hulk 535nm 100mw, Laserglow Rigel 6 593.5nw 6mw, Olike 405nm 280mw, and my favorite new toy, a Daneflex MV2 450nm 1w (what a great laser, total quality!) I may bring my toys to work tomorrow and take some long diffraction grating shots in the warehouse where I work. If I do they will be posted. Enjoy, Happy Holidays!!!

http://

http://

Last edited:

sweeeeet man you got some skill taking amazing pictures with your camera :beer:

keep up the good work!

I'm sure you've said before, but what kind of camera and settings are you using?

Last edited:
Hi Eugene420,
I am using a Canon SX40 camera, with exposure times varying from
a 1/2 second up to 15 seconds (when shooting only the 593.5nm laser by itself) and eveything in between. I also have the F stop set at 5.6. For me it is easier to adjust the shutter speed rather than the F stop. At 5.6 I am getting some depth of field. Since I am using a tripod, the long shutter speeds realy doesn't matter. I also keep the ISO at 100 to minimize noise. I have had DLSR's in the past, but what I like about this camerea is I can make adjustments and see the changes thru the electronic viewfinder or screen before I take the shot, and see the changes in real time, which is great for shooting lasers. The lens on this camera has a zoom range (35mm equivilent) of 24mm to 800mm, which is fantastic. I have had 7 digital cameras since 1998 and this has the sharpest focusing system of any of them. And lastly I use a fog machine, which a necessity

Zraffleticket,
Wow, a 100mw 589mw. I could only dream. The beam of my Laserglow Rigel 6 (6mw) is very thin, but has decent brightness. But by shooting it through water that has a suspended crystal in it, many small yellow beams are created and by positioning a mirror behind the glass and reflecting those beams back into the crystal from the backside, you can see the results I get from a single 6mw 593.5 beam. Take a photo at 15 seonds with fog and I get very nice results. I ordered a Dragonlaser 589nm 5mw Spartan a few weeks ago, and should have it by mid January to play with next.

Happy Hoildays