Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some Help with this laser that has now fell in my lap please.

Rotten

Hi everyone, I'm new to the sight and lasers in general. Today my father (who lives next door) came over and asked me to look at something he bought at a garage sale and try to get it going for him. He bought it for my nephew who's ten to play with. Upon inspection I discovered what I first thought was a flashlight but then noticed a Class IIIb laser warning on the side, and knew I had somekind of laser pointer. It also contained several key's and what I'll call shunts....kind of a headphone jack that goes nowhere. Tinkering with it I managed to get the thing to light up (Holy Bright!!!) with both the key and the shunt inserted. I next read up on Class IIIb laser saftey and decided no matter what this probably was not going to end up in my nephew's hands. Inside the bag was also an invoice from Information Unlimited - Science Projects, Electronics Kits, Lasers, Tesla Coils, High Voltage Engineering, Plans, Books, Parts, Kits so i traveled over to that sight for more information. I found the laser listed under PGLIIIC532-400 at a price of $855. There is no manufacturer info anywhere on the sight or the laser itself, but the one I have looks exactly like the one above the listed for the different models of lasers. Anyway my thought was since I don't even feel comfortably letting my father have this back let alone my nephew, I was considering seeing what this might be worth and selling it for him. I have the laser itself, several keys and shunts. two battery rechargers and six 18650 rechargeable batteries. The invoice I have show's that it's a couple of years old...but appears to be in great condition. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rotten

Edit..... The invoice also says that it's a green 532nm flashlight sized 400 nw if that helps

Last edited:

ARG

Wow! That's a good find for garage sale.

To sell this what you'll want to do is find someone in your area with a power meter and get it metered, most people wont buy lasers without having power verification. If it really is 400mW you're looking at 350$~. The price has dropped significantly since two years ago and a new one is about 450$ after shipping.

Also, you'll want to measure the beam diameter and divergence, the PLG's usually have superb divergence around 0.8mrad (mine is 0.6mrad! :D) having a smaller divergence will also determine what people will pay for it.

You've got a good laser here, and a nice find! The PLG's are great lasers and are much better than those cheap 400mW lasers you find on lazerer and o-like.

Last edited:
That pretty cool that your dad just found it. What did he pay for it? Pictures of it would be really nice to see.