Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some burning tests with my greenie

Gun

Amazing videos. 190 balloons, that's insane!
Liked the video and +Rep. Good job to you :beer:

thanks people! @shakenawake: divergence as far as i can measure and calculate it should be around 0,9mrad.

no one knows if the 4A on the tailcap is typical for a laser in that range? couldn´t find alot about tailcap measurements. only one of the krypton with 1,68A at 3,7V, wich seems to be little in comparison.

I believe gray at jetlasers said my PL-E draws at least 3A, and it is 700mW as you can see. I dont know much about this at all, but 4A doesnt seem insane to me. where did you get this module? I really want a green with good divergence, and optotronics wants in excess of 700 dollars even for 250mW or so at 1mrad or .9mrad

Also, if you find yourself wishing this laser had more run-time: http://www.orbtronic.com/protected-3400mah-18650-li-ion-battery-panasonic-ncr18650B-orbtronic

these have 500 more mAh per cell than what you listed you are using

Last edited:
okay, then 4A on the tailcap would be normal. at least now i know, why the runtime is pretty limited ;) thanks for the link to the panasonic batteries- seem to be good quality. i have also the keeppower with 3100mAh and they work fine. but i´ll consider the panasonic when i buy new ones :thanks:

the module is from lasever, here is a link:

http://www.lasever.com/producttitle.asp-id=1410.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for that link. It lists 1.5mrad for this module, but still, very good find. Your vids are testimony to that. For really good run-time, consider switching to a host that uses 26650. The PL-Es use these, or can I should say. the 26650 are the same voltage as 18650s, but quite a bit more capacity, my king kongs are 4200mAh

Whats the price on that?

the are about 600$ including shippment.

and it says <1.5mrad, so 1.5 would be max. and mine is far better then that.
i use 26650´s in my flashlight mod. but they won´t fit in my laser mod, so i´ll keep the 18650 (i have lots of them, so np with the runtime ;) )

I am interested in one of these, maybe. Since speedy had to have that RPL from before...
How did you get this laser into it's current firedragon host? I contacted Blord, asking if he could make me a laser using the 26650 if I had this module sent to him, and he tells me it's dimensions are non-standard. So where to get a host? someone to put it together?

Speedy measured his output with the meter listed on his signature, below all his lasers

Last edited:
Shakenawake beat me toi it both the meter and ARG add on are linked along with the thread where I combined them.

I am interested in one of these, maybe. Since speedy had to have that RPL from before...
How did you get this laser into it's current firedragon host? I contacted Blord, asking if he could make me a laser using the 26650 if I had this module sent to him, and he tells me it's dimensions are non-standard. So where to get a host? someone to put it together?

Speedy measured his output with the meter listed on his signature, below all his lasers

i see... i just bought an ophir sensor, so you meight wait with ordering for the test results. but i am pretty confident that the module is overspec ;)
i work at metalworking shop, so i just used a lathe to make the host fitaable. i had the firedragon and i wasn´t pleased with it, so i just changed the components :beer:

There is a LPF member by the name of jayrob who can help with these modules and 26650 hosts. However, he tells me the 800mW versions are not readily available from Lasever, and suggests a 700mW version. He owns opto RPL 532s as well, I asked him which he thought was better, having experience with both, and he told me the Lasever modules were better. I could give him the benefit of a doubt, but he stands to make money if I get the Lasever module and a host from him, and nothing at all if I got an opto, so hopefully his answer was honest and not greed driven. I dont know the guy, and his rep is way higher than mine, so... I will probably end up getting one from him

i have no experience with the opto, but i know that the lasever modules are good. so you shouldn´t have any concerns about them. but every company has some variance in their products, so you will need a little luck to get a good one when it comes to divergence and power :beer: