Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold

The battery wasn't in wrong. If it's case positive then I put the battery in right (+ down towards the tail cap). eh no big deal I'll try it later on with some different batteries when I get some, maybe i'll have better luck

ARG

The battery wasn't in wrong. If it's case positive then I put the battery in right (+ down towards the tail cap). eh no big deal I'll try it later on with some different batteries when I get some, maybe i'll have better luck

Oh, okay. I thought you mean down as in towards the spring. That's really strange then... I hope nothing got damaged in the shipping, I tested everything before I sent it out.

The insides of these lasers are pretty flimsy. I had a similar experience with my first mini.

Upon autopsy, it looked like the spring on the back of the driver made contact with the host... same end result, hot and dead :(

The insides of these lasers are pretty flimsy. I had a similar experience with my first mini.

Upon autopsy, it looked like the spring on the back of the driver made contact with the host... same end result, hot and dead :(

I'll take it apart later and see if thats the case, either way it was the host I really wanted, which is excellent btw. Now just to find a module for it.

ARG

@IE
Did the laser die, or did the battery just get fried? I would think if that was the case here than the battery would just sort and the laser may still be OK.

Edit: I don't even know what I was trying to say here. Time to sleep.

Last edited:
The laser died. I didn't take it completely apart, but the driver was clearly damaged. It was a combo of bad luck I guess.

Considering the price though, and that I used (abused it) for a long time, it served it's purpose.

I never tested the battery, to see if it's fried too or not actually... suppose I should do that at some point :p

Last edited: