Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold.

Re: FS: 150mW Green 532nm Laser

Head part isn't loose... it's focusable, and I defocused it since camera wasn't picking up the tight dot well. Actually have to find the case I packed laser away in... going to clean apartment today tomorrow anyway, so I'll take some more pics for you when I come across it.

The other one is a new wish:eek: I don't have any other "pen" lasers:(

Lol gross. Wish pens hate me. They always die on me :mad: Ill thnk about the 405..

hmm I might still buy it if i have the spare cash next wednesday

Ehhh, forget about me buying anything Infinitus, i just killed my 5-mode 445nm.. Backwards battery.. :( Whoops... Look what being sick can make you do..

Last edited:

Ehhh, forget about me buying anything Infinitus, i just killed my 5-mode 445nm.. Backwards battery.. :( Whoops... Look what being sick can make you do..

That sucks... been there, done that:( Now I triple check the batteries going in always.

Still, all the more reason to get another laser.

Infinitus, quick question.

Would you recommend this as a first time >5mw starting laser?

MY intention of use is as night sky-pointing. I understand that anything above 50mw can lead to less-than-desirable results from indoor use (partial blindness, or permanent eye damage) without glasses/goggles... which is why I'll also be ordering some with my first 'big' laser...but anyway. Feel like I'm rambling again... you'll catch me do that a lot here.

The only real reason I'm looking at anything above 5mw, is because at 5mw the beam is so @#%^in' hard to see at night. That is, unless you're either behind the beam, or are focusing with all your might to try and find it.
From my limited understanding, 75mw+ is when the beam is clearly visible with little-to-no question as to where it is. (When I say that, I mean you can identify it immediately.) Aside from that, there's no other real reason I'm looking higher power. Of course, (with proper eye-wear) burning small things is also fun. :shhh:

Anyway, it's either your laser or one from Optotronics. Opto seems to have the best over-all reviews and are, from what I've found across these forums, trustworthy.

Last edited:

Lol, IDK which is funnier, the huge bold centered letters or the avatar:crackup:

I think this is a good choice for a starting over 5mW laser. It has three safety features (key, slide over cover for button, temporary - have to hold button). Meaning that it's not going to be on by accident and if you drop it or something, it will turn off on the way down.

In terms of visibility, outside and night you will absolutely see the beam easily... so will everyone around you lol.

Basically visibility comes down to several factor;

1. Power
2. Wavelength
3. Beam diameter (how tight the beam is when it exits).
4. Divergence (how quickly the beam spreads out).
5. Ambient lighting (the more contracts, for example the darker it is, the more the beam will stand out).
6. Air particulates (if there is dusk or smoke, or even very high humidity, this will allow you to see the beam better).

IMO the minimum for seeing a beam easily is ~20mW. Obviously that's not an issue with this laser (100% guarantee, you don't see the beam at night, send it back:p). Beam diameter and divergence are both excellent. The laser smokes dark plastic 3 inches away without any focusing... if you focus it, it does it faster:eg:

Opto is a good company, and if you decide to go with it, I'm sure you will be happy, the only minuses I see is that with their pen

1. you will need to keep the duty cycles shorter (30 seconds if you want the laser to last a long time),
2. it's not focusable,
3. With shipping at least $85 more,
4. The cheap/common looking host.

So let me know if you're interested:)

:thanks: for looking.

Hey, I had to get your attention with something!

As for the avatar, it's my forum-wide one, as well as what I use for sprays and avatars in other gaming communities.

Anywho, I'll go ahead and shoot you up a message then. I did notice the focusing head on yours, and for those erm-- 'boredom' moments, I think (with glasses, of course. Can't stress that enough) it'll be fun to mess with.

As for duty cycles with yours, what would you recommend cutting them to? With my little 5mw pen, I never go above 30-35 seconds. (I know for that low power, it's excessively conservative, but hey. Can't be too safe.)

I DID research the living @#$% out of lsaer safety before even buying my 5mw. It scares me as to what damage these can cause at these ludicrous levels of 1w+. Hell, even 500mw lasers make me unconfortable. Guess I just have to treat them like a gun or a rifle; know what they CAN do, but don't use them in that intent or way. Anything CAN go wrong though. Oh well, price to pay for enjoying something I suppose.

30 seconds is extremely conservative with 5mW... a decent 5mW laser can be run for much much longer time periods.

For this one, if you stick to 1 minute duty cycles, I think it will last you a very long time. to be honest I don't see any problem with running it for 2-3 minutes at a time though.

Once you get goggles, experiment with burning... might just tempt you into more power:eg:

There is definitely risk with lasers, but I think often times there is a bit too much paranoia with them. I will take getting hit with a 1W laser beam any day of week vs getting hit by a car going 40... If you treat it with respect, and common sense you'll be ok.

Shoot me a pm whenever you're ready:)

Re: FS: 150mW Green Laser

Infinitus, I told ya I'm buying it!

Yeesh... lol. As soon as PayPal transfers the funds from my bank, it's sold.

Re: FS: 150mW Green Laser

Infinitus, I told ya I'm buying it!

Yeesh... lol. As soon as PayPal transfers the funds from my bank, it's sold.

Lol, sorry, wasn't sure... last PM and email wasn't a 100% clear... thought maybe the no charger thing scared you off lol:p

Re: Sold Pending Payment.

Oh hell no. What's $20 (at worst) for something I'm gonna enjoy? Lol.