Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold!

Pyrotech --

You got a fine tool there. Treat it as such.
When you aren't using it, turn it down to ~ 300 Deg. When you are about to use it, turn it up to your desired temp. It will be ready in a minute.
Don't run these fine tips at full temp constantly. The tinning on the tip will dissolve the end at sustained high temp. Keep the sponge wet with water and use it often.
This iron should serve you well.

HMike

Thanks for the advice HMike. I've got projects lined up on the bench just waiting for this tool.

Raybo

Pyrotech --

You got a fine tool there. Treat it as such.
When you aren't using it, turn it down to ~ 300 Deg. When you are about to use it, turn it up to your desired temp. It will be ready in a minute.
Don't run these fine tips at full temp constantly. The tinning on the tip will dissolve the end at sustained high temp. Keep the sponge wet with water and use it often.
This iron should serve you well.

HMike

Mike,

I don't have a sponge tip cleaner included with the kit only a bronze(?) scrubby type.
Will a regular kitchen type sponge wetted down work for this application?

Thanks again,
Ray

Last edited:
Don't use plastic sponges. I think the ratshack has the yellow colored sponges we need.

Hmike