Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD: (UPDATED) Custom Polished - Silver/Chrome, 635nm @ 450mW Build

Re: FS: Custom Polished TR-801, 635nm 450mW Build

Does that mean the last 635nm laser you sold was a lot higher than 600mW?

rhd

Does that mean the last 635nm laser you sold was a lot higher than 600mW?

No, I think that would just be speculation. Not comfortable suggesting that.

madog

I'll put mine on my ophir when I am able to charge my CR2's and will post it here.

rhd

I'll put mine on my ophir when I am able to charge my CR2's and will post it here.

That would be hugely helpful, because I think I sold you yours with an LPM reading that had still been done on my LaserBee, correct?

I would be intrigued to know what it LPMs at on your Ophir.

madog

This is correct.
That would be hugely helpful, because I think I sold you yours with an LPM reading that had still been done on my LaserBee, correct?

I would be intrigued to know what it LPMs at on your Ophir.

madog

So I went to a friend with a lathe and he let me spin some crude spacers so that I could ccharge my batts with my charger.

With a full charge and a 650 G-1 my RHD built red briefly hit 800mw.
With a basic acrylic (I think it's acrylic), it hit 550mw.

rhd

So I went to a friend with a lathe and he let me spin some crude spacers so that I could ccharge my batts with my charger.

With a full charge and a 650 G-1 my RHD built red briefly hit 800mw.
With a basic acrylic (I think it's acrylic), it hit 550mw.

It's amazing how much difference I'm seeing between my old LaserBee and my Ophir (which was nice to see confirmed by your Ophir as well).

I had purchased my LaserBee second hand, and I've used it fairly extensively since then too. So it's quite possible that the LaserBee is just hitting the end of it's calibration life. I'm not sure how long LPMs keep their calibration. I've heard that professional LPMs sometimes have calibration "expiry dates".

At any rate, I've updated this sales thread. I updated the power readings, and explained them a bit better. I also got rid of the blurry photos, and put in a new clearer photo.

Two people had both requested to purchase this laser, so I sort of neglected the thread for a few days. But both sales fell through, so the laser is up for sale / trade / etc :)

It's amazing how much difference I'm seeing between my old LaserBee and my Ophir (which was nice to see confirmed by your Ophir as well).

I had purchased my LaserBee second hand, and I've used it fairly extensively since then too. So it's quite possible that the LaserBee is just hitting the end of it's calibration life. I'm not sure how long LPMs keep their calibration. I've heard that professional LPMs sometimes have calibration "expiry dates".

At any rate, I've updated this sales thread. I updated the power readings, and explained them a bit better. I also got rid of the blurry photos, and put in a new clearer photo.

Two people had both requested to purchase this laser, so I sort of neglected the thread for a few days. But both sales fell through, so the laser is up for sale / trade / etc :)

That's good news for me, I am still hoping to purchase this once I get a little more cash.
This would be so perfect for my collection :D

EDIT: should have the money on Friday when I get paid.

Last edited:

rhd

Re: FS: (UPDATED) Custom Polished - Silver/Chrome, 635nm @ 450mW Build

Payment just received for this build. Sold :)

EDIT: Can the purchaser PM me? I can't link the email to an LPF member off hand.

Last edited:
Re: FS: (UPDATED) Custom Polished - Silver/Chrome, 635nm @ 450mW Build

Payment just received for this build. Sold :)

EDIT: Can the purchaser PM me? I can't link the email to an LPF member off hand.

damn, are you going to do any other 635nm builds rhd? really really want one.