Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*SOLD OUT* >150mW mini red lasers for $63

Re: >150mW mini red lasers for $63

Sorry, these are no longer available.

got a question yobresal, hopfully it will save you $10, and we both win , i have a 150-220mw laser u get to feel good for helping a laser noob make his first laser. can i just replace the diode? if yes can you tell me how cause i was gonna do a minimag mod before i stumbled upon this site and learnt a little more.

Or if any one want to teach me how to build me a homebrew laser i would welcome it.

hsas4849, I'm in Adelaide and I'd be happy to build you a red. PM me

Cybob, To replace the diode you will need to unscrew the light so that it is in two pieces. Then use a small poker and unscrew the module/led star/CB from the housing. Once it is unscrewed you will have to remove the aixis module from the led star. The module is glued to the led star so you may want to melt the glue with a soldering iron or something. After that you should remove the diode from the module. If you cannot remove the diode from the module you will need a new module. Once you have the new diode in the module you will need to solder the +/- leads to their corresponding places on the led star. If the lead wires are not long enough you will need to solder more wire onto the leads to make them long enough to reach the connections on the led star. After you have the diode/module connected to the led star you should test it out by putting everything together carefully and turning it on. If it powers on then you should take it apart again and glue the module to the led star to prevent the lead wires from detaching during focusing. After that put it all back together again and you are set. Let me know if you have any questions.

can i solder short steel pins to the +/- leads to lengthen them, cuase when i solder wire i need 2-3cm at each joint.

thanks for the help i will send you some shots once i get it done.

can you send me $63 minus your cost for case(aus$)?

* in aus

beep i dunno how to put it!?!!?!?!??! :'(

(convert $63 us minus price of moding the torch)

haha got it woooooooooooot

I wouldnt mind bying one of these ut are they in us dollars or in uk pounds because thees alot of difference
What distance can they vurn through paper?
How far is the beam visible?

lol i replaced the diode according to your instructions and have been burning shit, but now this one has died on me aswell went from awesome burning making smoke laser to "where is the dot?!?!?!?!?!?" :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm glad to hear you had a working laser for a while there. Put an open canned diode in it next time and remove the resistor.

cool, love the advice, but where do i get an open can, and can i modify the housing to put in a diode with a small heatsink or do i file the heat sink smaller?

You can purchase one in Daedals GB or you can extract one from a 20X dvd burner that can be purchased at newegg.com for $24. as for adding a heatsink besides the aixiz module it all depends on the dimensions of your heatsink. You can try to build a custom heatsink but that might be a lot of work. I do not know of any that will fit perfectly in that small little housing.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i'm guessing yes but file smaller

tomcat

dude how many did you make!?! and pm me price to uk

these are pretty cool. I'm just now getting into lasers now that I have some spending cash. If anyone can confirm that these are as good as, if not better than, a Wicked Laser Pulsar, then I will get one of these. I know that Wicked seems to have a terrible rep on forums such as these. I have no way to really pick a side, since the one I own now is a Core and it works fine for me, but what do I know? Convince me, and I will gladly purchase one of these instead of the Pulsar I'm looking at. Green lasers are more impressive, anyhow. ;)

edit: damn, just noticed that this thread has 13 pages and that he's sold them all. Tiny text and odd location made me miss that... oh well. Anyone have anything that is better than a Pulsar for around 120?