Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*SOLD OUT* >150mW mini red lasers for $63

I have a bunch of these lasers for sale in blue, and silver. I am asking $63 each. This includes shipping to locations in the US. These laser have an adjustable focus so you can set them to burn mode if you would like. These lasers are twist on/off. Each laser purchased will come with an Energizer lithium cr123a battery. These are very small little lasers and pack a punch >150mW. a duty cycle of 1 minute on, 30 seconds off will keep these lasers happy. Payments can be sent via paypal or google checkout. To purchase with paypal simply send $63 to luke0@aol.com. For google checkout send an e-mail to luke0@aol.com with the subject "laser" and I will send you an invoice.

Re: >150mW mini red lasers for sale

Wow, that is a lot of them mini lasers you made. You should get a them output tested and at that price they should sell pretty fast.

A few questions some might ask.
Is that a heatsink around the aixiz module or just a washer?
What kind of driver circuit and what diode is used?

Re: >150mW mini red lasers for sale

These are senkat diodes. The metal in the front of the laser is a washer. The circuitry looks like this. Sorry I can't get a better picture.

Re: >150mW mini red lasers for $63

it is not appealing to me, looks like fleamarket stuff or yard sale. cheap is not necessarily equal to good deal...

Well I am sure he wouldn't mind affirming the order as it must have been a lot of work for him to get all of those diodes in the modules. I also have receipts from Google checkout but I am not going to be posting that kind of info in the forums. I have posted a video of one of these laser before somewhere under the "9 DIY red laser" in the multimedia section. Here is another vid though.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJV7pPfIHXo

smoke_nuts said:
it is not appealing to me, looks like fleamarket stuff or yard sale. cheap is not necessarily equal to good deal...

It looks good to me. You don't have to bash it just becasue you don't like the way it looks. Nice vid by the way. Packs all the power that one would like in a nice little red DIY.

hey were did you get those drrivers? they look different then the circuit in the flashlight

Cxrazy

I would be VERY interested if you could prove that they are senkat diodes and perhaps send a few to DDL/pseudo to have one of them test the output power/build quality.

If its a good product, and they put in a good word for you, you will have ZERO problem selling these very quickly.

;)

*watches post*

ngiapy

wow the barrels looks real cute to me.. if only the duty cycle were longer.. hehe. Hope you manage to sell them all! :D

toked323 said:
hey were did you get those drrivers? they look different then the circuit in the flashlight

well i must echo your question.  It's clear that these were once DX sku.2083, sku.2097, sku.2110, sku.2124? we already covered the diode. so whats the story with your circuitry? ;)

Cxrazy said:
I would be VERY interested if you could prove that they are senkat diodes and perhaps send a few to DDL/pseudo to have one of them test the output power/build quality.

If its a good product, and they put in a good word for you, you will have ZERO problem selling these very quickly.

;)

*watches post*

I'll test one out if he wants since I dunno about power and build quality from pics. I wouldn't be worried about whether or not they're SenKat diodes though. I've dealt with Yobresal multiple times without any problems. What would they be anyway, 1mW reds? hehe. SenKat's are cheaper than trying to rip a crappier diode from a DVD player so I don't see why that would be an issue.

Okay here is an e-mail I received after ordering from Senkat. As for the drivers, they are the ones that came in the mxdl flashlight housing I am using. I have had no issues with these drivers. I also like the housings of these lasers (besides the twist on/off). I have yet to have a single one of these laser die on me post completion so I am pretty happy with the quality. I am sorry to say I will not be selling these at my yard sale this Saturday but they will be available at the Daly city flea market on Sunday next to the churro stand...mmMMmmMm churros ;D

Google Checkout
Purchased from:
StoneTek

Hello luke a petrakis,

Great news! Your order has shipped, and should arrive soon. Your credit card has successfully been charged for this order. Track USPS package #Shipping Wednesday

Order Details - Dec 16, 2007 02:17 GMT-08:00
Google Order #--------------
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Shipped 1 Twenty Sony 16X diodes IN Aixiz Modules ! - TWENTY Sony 16x DVD Burner Diodes pre-installed in aixiz

riddle

Where did my post go ? (snifffff...sniffff....SNork !) Hmmmmmmm...anyways, that looks AWESOME !

drlava

Nice lasers, I just got one of those mini lights and was thinking what a nice laser case it would make.. good job!
What is your siggested max. runtime on these?

Well before they were completely assembled I ran a bunch of them for 2 minutes on time. They operated just fine but after a minute they began to feel a little warm to the touch. I know these diodes can get pretty hot without incurring any optical damage so i have offered up a duty cycle as a safety precaution for those who have trouble turning their laser off. Some people have asked about rechargeable batteries. I have used two different rechargeable cr123a batteries without any negative consequences, however I threw these in right out of the package. I did not realize my charger would not accommodate this size battery. So I do not know whether or not a battery coming right off of the charger will kill them or not. Once I get a suitable charger know for sure.

Are you selling these here on ebay as item#  220189523647  ;)

anyway i'm sure you'll get more than 63 bucks a pop with them.  good luck!