Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD! Osram PLT5 488NM Laser Pointer For Sale - Price Drop Now $250

BobMc

Congrats on your sale evans965. Was/is a beauty of a EDC! And congrats to jnrpop for the purchase, enjoy that little puppie. Gave it some thought myself. So enjoy. I’m looking forward to your pictures and beam shots.

jnrpop

Congrats on your sale evans965. Was/is a beauty of a EDC! And congrats to jnrpop for the purchase, enjoy that little puppie. Gave it some thought myself. So enjoy. I’m looking forward to your pictures and beam shots.

Thanks Bob!
Once this transactions complete, laser arrives and i finish my plan with it, i'll post up something special for you all :D

J

jnrpop

Hi everyone,
Just an update, package has finally arrived from evans :D
I'm guessing this little module took a long detour but ended up on the right path. I Have not got time atm to unpackage but i'll update this thread with the results, and if all is well post up a build thread shortly :beer:

J

Last edited:
Am I the only one who sees the irony here since we all got some really cheap 488nm diodes just recently. I have one that is outputting better than 100 mW and it is gorgeous!

With any luck, that 488 could be very low WL (was it measured?). My 488nm argon doesn't hold anything against my 485, which these new diodes can't do (...yet) :)

At least you got a working laser for your $250. T_Warne got an LEDed module for his $250.

jnrpop

Am I the only one who sees the irony here since we all got some really cheap 488nm diodes just recently. I have one that is outputting better than 100 mW and it is gorgeous!

:crackup:, yer literally the day after i'd committed to the transaction, news on the different diode came out. But i still wouldn't change a thing, im one of a few members here who now has a genuine Osram PLT5-488 60mw diode.

With any luck, that 488 could be very low WL (was it measured?). My 488nm argon doesn't hold anything against my 485, which these new diodes can't do (...yet) :)

Not measured yet, hopefully i'll get the chance in the near future, for now visual comparisons, the eyes can be tricked, but side by side our eyes have incredible sensitivity to different color tone/shades :D

At least you got a working laser for your $250. T_Warne got an LEDed module for his $250.

Just heard the news, really sucks for both parties, thats if both parties are honest :beer:

I wouln't change a thing, :beer:, the Osram PLT5-488 is another completely different beautiful diode than the sharp, very clean round output, minimal +-2nm emission wavelength, photo diode + zenor diode protection, and it feels like i have a very rare, special diode. The $30 sharp 490nm diodes will be around for a long time..................

J

Now, that was the way to do a sale of this sort. You were protected all along the chain, Corey. In the end it wasn't needed as Evans appears to be a man of his word. I believe he also made a sale to Alaskan. Too bad for T_Warne that ole' BillyBob isn't as stand up as Evans.

jnrpop

Now, that was the way to do a sale of this sort. You were protected all along the chain, Corey. In the end it wasn't needed as Evans appears to be a man of his word. I believe he also made a sale to Alaskan. Too bad for T_Warne that ole' BillyBob isn't as stand up as Evans.

Yes, evans sold Alaskan his 473nm laser, they also had alittle postage scare but all good in the end :)

Purchasing from first time sellers, i'd try to use all the safety nets you can. Two part payments are a great way to cover half your costs/possible loss.

I'm very thankful evans agreed to the two part payment so thanks to evans for his trust too :beer:

J