Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(Sold) Dragon laser Spartan 589nm 50mW Like New

Sell this Dragon laser Spartan 589nm 50mW with Spartan specific beam expander.
Approximately 15 minutes of total ON time at 30 sec. on 30 sec. off
Kept in its original package in a foam case 95% of the time. This is my second 589nm Spartan from Dragon lasers. 589nm is my absolute favorite wavelength in a handheld. Selling my lasers locally except this one and maybe a second since most of you would better appreciate the value of a solid 589 wavelength.
I don't know if you can buy these anymore.
I know its used but trust me its like new and definitely at spec if not higher. Ive been waiting to get a LPM from Sanwu but they're on back order or else I would give you the numbers.
$400
PM if your interested.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I know some have been after one of these so I’ll be surprised if you have to wait long for a sale.

julianthedragon

Couldn't be more excited over a beam of light. Best early Xmas gift ever! Btw if you ever have the chance to buy from Atlas here he has been great and on top of things throughout the whole transaction thus far

I'll make sure to put it to good use and can't wait to see the color with my own eyes :)

julianthedragon

Thanks guys. Some pics and measurements are definitely in order, intimidation tactics or not ;)

Lasers in the yellow spectrum are special to me too. I love the one I have and the color is a pure lemon yellow without a trace of orange.

Encap

Thanks guys. Some pics and measurements are definitely in order, intimidation tactics or not ;)
Nice get. (y)
Is very seldom that anyone parts with/sells one, much less an as new example with only 15 minutes total of run time on her.

Golden photons coming your way---enjoy. Be sure to post some beam shots, photos, and output data.

Last edited:

julianthedragon

Lasers in the yellow spectrum are special to me too. I love the one I have and the color is a pure lemon yellow without a trace of orange.
Yellows are always exciting, congrats on that module from optlaser Paul :)
Nice get. (y)
Is very seldom that anyone parts with/sells one, much less an as new example with only 15 minutes total of run time on her.

Golden photons coming your way---enjoy. Be sure to post some beam shots photos and output data.
Thanks Encap! It still feels surreal to have the opportunity to own one, like I've won the lottery or something. Once upon a time I would stare at it on DL feeling like $400 was a bit steep, if only I knew better. Now to explain to the non-laserers in my life why it's worth spending that much lol! But hopefully seeing it will clear that up.

Once I have the thing and time allows I'm planning on sharing measurements and a Power v Time graph (or two) from my LPM as well as some beam shots from my Sony a7iii. I'm supposed to be heading upstate NY soon so I might get some pics near nature/water like I did with my 492 (in my profile pic / review). I'm tempted to give it a full review. It's definitely deserved but there are already so many reviews out there plus it's lightly pre-owned. But I suppose each unit is individual and the more 589 photons the merrier. I'll see what I can come up with!

Golden photons, sounds luxurious. Can't wait, supposed to be arriving soon

julianthedragon

That one from Optlasers was extraordinarily inexpensive. With shipping it cost me ~$75.
I’ve heard Lasence and Optlasers are good options for some inexpensive yellows. But they don’t make the 575 anymore is that right? Lasence has some 561 but it’s more like a chartreuse/toxic green

Sowee7

I’ve heard Lasence and Optlasers are good options for some inexpensive yellows. But they don’t make the 575 anymore is that right? Lasence has some 561 but it’s more like a chartreuse/toxic green
they do make yellows but they are very unstable. they can just die on you, lose power or mode hop randomly