Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD : 2.5W and 3W SDL Fiber coupled 670 - 690nm laser diode + Drivers

Hi ,

Sine I have slowed down in the laser hobby , thought I would list these two diodes .

I have them listed on ebay and that is where I would like to sell them trough as its much easier for me , I have the GSP option for orders outside the UK .

Both diodes where purchased used a while back from ebay and I have tested them both , with water cooling they hold over 2.5W and 3W respectively .

Both the laser diodes are bonded to the water block so removing them would be difficult , the 3 watt diode uses two black bucks that are epoxied to the water block and set to 7A each for a 14A drive .

The 2.5 watt diode uses three linear flexmod P3 regulators each at 3.3A for 10A drive .

More info on each In the listing ,

Video of the 2.5W unit running ,

Giannis_TDM

Hey I think I got you a sale! I convinced a mate of mine to buy the 3.7w
unknown.png

I hope he hits you up soon ill keep pressuring him Such an amazing deal with the black bucks included. Also question from me why are the extra caps in the black bucks needed? Cause of the higher peak current demands?

Thanks : D , Just so you/he is aware the black bucks are thermally epoxied to the water block so cannot be removed , The caps are there to protect the bucks from spikes , just a habit I have to add them

Also be aware that are fiber launched diodes , so the output is very divergent and you would struggle to get a thin ish beam from them

on the 2.5W one , the flexmod P3's are screwed on so can be removed

Giannis_TDM

Thanks, I am sure he doesn't mind ill forward the info to him.

Giannis_TDM

Thanks : D , Just so you/he is aware the black bucks are thermally epoxied to the water block so cannot be removed , The caps are there to protect the bucks from spikes , just a habit I have to add them

Also be aware that are fiber launched diodes , so the output is very divergent and you would struggle to get a thin ish beam from them

on the 2.5W one , the flexmod P3's are screwed on so can be removed
Sorry for the double post but to say the least I got him hoocked!
unknown.png

Snecho

Congrats on the sale, those lasers did move practically overnight! And Kudos to Kakis for referring buyers that quick.

I'm just curious since I've never seen this kind of setup before, I assume they were C-Mount diodes inside that box right?

Giannis_TDM

Congrats on the sale, those lasers did move practically overnight! And Kudos to Kakis for referring buyers that quick.

I'm just curious since I've never seen this kind of setup before, I assume they were C-Mount diodes inside that box right?
I should really ask a mod for a name change cause gianakakis is a pet name my friends are using to name me but I see it can cause quite a confusion my name is Giannis so I will probably ask a mod to change it into my discord name Giannis_TDM

Thanks : ) , I'm not to sure what the diode is inside there , could be a bar or single die .

Thanks TDM for the help : D

Snecho

I should really ask a mod for a name change cause gianakakis is a pet name my friends are using to name me but I see it can cause quite a confusion my name is Giannis so I will probably ask a mod to change it into my discord name Giannis_TDM
TDM for Team Death Match?

Snecho

I don't really know ask the 10-year-old me who tried to so hard to find a cool name 5 years ago.
Haha, I feel that. I created this name when I bought my very own Xbox 360 God knows how many years ago. Stuck with it ever since.