Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold: 1 Watt 638nm red laser

hepz

Re: For sale : 1 Watt 638nm red laser

32 years old live in new zealand no laser laws against importing looking to buy bulk lasers and sell to re coupe the thousands spent on buying lasers cheers

Blord

Nice to meet you :beer:
This laser has been sold and shipped. I have a second host coming in and can make the laser with the same spec. Building time is 2 weeks. Let me know if you still want it.

Once again NICE BUILD!! You really should mention the beam properties of these diodes when selling a build like this though. Many of the noobs and even some vets are not familiar with the horrible divergence and beam profile. I know of a couple such people who were very disappointed with their purchases from other sellers on here. You will have no issue selling it, especially at this price but I feel these diodes really do warrant full disclosure as to the beam properties in every sales listing. I make it a point to do so with each one I sell (though I rarely build them because of said properties) Just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

Well said Yob,
It's like the $160 I spent on my last 635nm is basically lost money as I feel guilty selling it to anyone else.

It is in a nice host though so I might just get rid of it cheap to someone who knows what they're in for.

edit: BTW great build Blord.

Last edited:

Blord

Despite the bad beam spec it is still qualified as a laser. It is the only way to get 1 Watt from the 638nm diode. I believed to told PaulorNuthn of the beam characteristic when he bought the 638nm module.

Despite the bad beam spec it is still qualified as a laser. It is the only way to get 1 Watt from the 638nm diode. I believed to told PaulorNuthn of the beam characteristic when he bought the 638nm module.

I didn't buy the 635nm off you mate, we spoke about a quote for one but I couldn't afford it at the time.

Also, I in no way blame the seller. It's the buyers responsibility to research any item they are paying for.
Especially in my case, the seller has been fantastic in every way possible with advice, customer service, etc.
He is a great guy and I will continue to purchase from him and recommend for many years, the same can be said for you Blord.

To those that see 638nm for the first time, it is kind of a shock. I know to me it certainly was, and the first time I got a 638nm, I thought something might be off about the lens, or diode window. Cleaned both neurotically, but to no avail. After seeing a 2nd, third, and fourth 638nm... :(

I still love these for the nice red beam, but the beam specs, and the dot especially, are a huge turnoff.