Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD 1" Uranium Marbles

Re: FS: [2] 1" Uranium Marbles

Is this stuff dangerous? Do they glow in the dark?
I might want to buy a biggie.

Is this stuff dangerous? Do they glow in the dark?
I might want to buy a biggie.

So long as you don't intend to eat them, the risk is minimal afaik.

Of course if you're eating glass... well you have other issues already...

They glow when exposed to UV and near UV light such as 405 and 445nm lasers.

Hey I have two of these crackled 1 inch uranium marbles

You cannot find them anywhere !

I am willing to let these two go

$20 ea + paypal fees/shipping

That price is more then outrageous. I suppose the market will decide, but come on....:wtf:

And what does "crackled" mean? Anyway 15 dollar shipped?

Yeah that's crazy.

I'm going to find some 1" uranium marbles to sell.......
Even if they aren't made by anyone right now, it can't be too hard to get some made custom, for much less.
$43.26 for 2 marbles is just crazy talk.

"crackled" means they are full of cracks.
You heat them up in boiling water and then drop them into cold water. it causes them to fracture.

Last edited:

"crackled" means they are full of cracks.
You heat them up in boiling water and then drop them into cold water. it causes them to fracture.

Which means they look cool because of the way the light reflects (refracts?) with the internal cracking. It does make them more fragile but it should not make them more expensive. :whistle:

Last edited:

Which means they look cool because of the way the light reflects (refracts?) with the internal cracking. It does make them more fragile but it should not make them more expensive. :whistle:

i keep thinking you're yobresal lol

skyray

i read this on how to make the marbles crackled ?

If you don't want to get ripped off by people selling "crackle marbles" 's how you do it. Fill a deep cake pan with as many marbles as you want to "crackle" remember, they will be hot so don't even come close to filling the pan. Place pan in the oven at 500 degrees F for about 20 - 30 minutes. 's the fun part: Have a metal bucket ½ full of water and dump the hot marbles into it. After they have cooled, dump the marbles, let them dry out and you have crackle glass. To take it a step further if you would like to make glass frit, simply beat the marbles while they are still in the pan and the water has been removed, and keep crushing it until you get your desired size. These can also be used as a pottery glaze once crushed.

Thermal cracking is pretty easy to achieve.. Provided the marbles are soft glass, any slow heating / medium rapid cooling will work.

There are special cases where glass can be so "loaded" with tensions, that they're fine until tapped in one specific spot, then they will literally explode..

Prince Rupert's Drop - YouTube

Google "prince Rupert glass" or "Prince Rupert's Drop"