Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So who's selling drivers now

Just a linear for a mitzi 660 at ~350ma
Why not order a flexdrive buck/boost from DTR? It’s a great driver for case neg diodes as it is cont negative itself. I have a couple pens using this driver w/ neg diodes and set to low currents. So low they’ll run on AAAs.
Hope this helps.
SGD🍻

I suspect the diode you are trying to drive is the ML101U29. It has a very low Vf. If you were to use a linear driver with one or two Lipo cells, it wouldn't be very efficient as much of the excess voltage would not help in driving your diode. The current the diode pulls would also be expended as heat in your driver too.

I suspect the diode you are trying to drive is the ML101U29. It has a very low Vf. If you were to use a linear driver with one or two Lipo cells, it wouldn't be very efficient as much of the excess voltage would not help in driving your diode. The current the diode pulls would also be expended as heat in your driver too.

What driver would you suggest running on a 18650 Batt ??

Yep. That was going to be my suggestion too. The Microflex Drive from DTR is $25.00 plus $3.50 for shipping, IIRC.