Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So Where is everyone from??

Toronto, Canada... and Hello!

I thought it appropriate for my first post here to be in this thread. You seem to have a great community here and I learned a lot in the last few days poring over threads. I particularly liked the "old negatives" method of filtering green light to check for IR... it put my mind at ease regarding the DX 200.

I'm a graphic designer living in Toronto and just recently caught the laser bug when a friend showed me his DX 10mW pointer. Suffice to say, I'm hooked now and just a bit disappointed that I found your forum too late to join in on the S-KY PGL-200 group buy. What a great price on that one.

I see that your membership spans the globe, which is fantastic. I myself was born in Croydon, Surrey, spent many summers as a child in Devonshire and moved here to Canada in '65. I've spent a few years as a Sysop of an Atari forum on Compuserve back in the 80's, so there will be no flame wars involving me. And I promise to search the forum before asking any noob questions... ;)

Thanks to you all for creating this vast storehouse of experience and information. I won't be able to post regularly, but I look forward to your insights and hope to be of some service myself soon.

Cheers, CC

Santa Clarita, California. Land of wildfires, earthquakes, landslides, and over-development.
I wish to ride to the stars on my green laser beam.

Attachments

• Mt_Jupiter_Pano_300x.jpg
    Mt_Jupiter_Pano_300x.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 65
and now....ladies and gentleman something that you never heard...... Bulgaria ;D ;D ;Dwont tell you the city

Yep. New here too, I'm from Ann Arbor MI... ? Anyone from near the U of M umich campus?
-bg