Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So Where is everyone from??

Sandyaser said:
[quote author=oblitorate link=1191409873/60#74 date=1196452047]sunderland, near newcastle in england.

I lived right next to sandy. xD

dear dear dear oblitorate,...i studied in University of Sunderland 2 year ago........

very exciting and happy and surprise to meet you here, you know sunderland is such a small town that not many people heard it.[/quote]

I have family in South Shields.

Hey Stackingmont! You're the closest to me so far! I'm in Southern Central MA... probably about a 1.5 hour drive from you!

Not a lot of us in New England!

On another note- your avatar image is a full res. I saved it locally and looked at the full 2000 x 3008 pixel image - that is one MASSIVELY powerful laser. Judging by the star path streaks I'd say that was about a 5 minute exposure? Where was that and why were they emitting such a hot beam skyward?

Dave

Very cool, thanks HSF. So it's probably a reference beam for correction of optical distortions due to atmospheric properties...???

xanatos said:
Very cool, thanks HSF. So it's probably a reference beam for correction of optical distortions due to atmospheric properties...???
yup. its to eliminate any atmospheric distortions, such as methane and Co2, so that the telescope can have a clear shot at the sky. its one awesome friggen laser though ;D its actually an IR laser, but it LOOKS orange because its scattering particles in the air. only a MASSIVELY powerful IR laser can do that.

Abray

Houston, Texas :D

we live pretty close!

edit: and wow, Lee, we live right next to each other!

and I actually live in kingwood, if you know where that is...

im from good old charleston, Illinois. compare this to my screen name.
charleytown=charleston
55 means nothing
il=illinois

FokoP said:
Cape Town, South Africa. RUGBY WORLD CHAMPS ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D WooHooo!!!!

i dont know about cape town, but i do know i have relatives somewhere in South Africa :cool:

never met them tho :(

Chase

new here, 1st post!

I seem to be the only pacific islander here.
Guam USA.