Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So where are you all from?

Blackholesun

Hi,
I'm new on the site and would just like to intro myself a little. I live in Oregon, near Eugene, in the mountains of the Cascades. Beautiful place.
We have great hunting and fishing here, as well as hiking, biking, and enjoying the great outdoors in every other way.
I bought my laser recently and I just love the way it cuts across the local lake at night. It's very dark there at the lake and the laser just puts a beautiful blue line all the way across. Wow!
Anyone else have such experiences?
Have a great day.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'm in NY state. Yeah laser light can be a sight to see. Hunting sounds like fun. Haven't done that so much but have been wanting to for a long time. I recently bought an SUV and can't wait to use it's 4x4 option in the winter or in the mud. Beautiful vehicle.

Blackholesun

Cool on the SUV. They can be real fun. I own a Explore Scientific 102 ED telescope on an AVX mount and have a few very nice photos I'll have to share soon. And I buy/collect/invest in meteorites. I also like burning through a Popsicle stick in less than 2 seconds from more than a foot away with my Thor Ultra. I must be an oddball to love this laser. Heh, but i do.
Glad to be here in LPF. I hope to share much and learn much.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
"Pushy" is an understatement. You flat out demanded people to give out private information or you'd harass them/threaten to never speak to them.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That has happened virtually to every new member on here. I've even seen your comments on new members who never even posted. You're either lying through your teeth or your memory is no longer reliable.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Cool on the SUV. They can be real fun. I own a Explore Scientific 102 ED telescope on an AVX mount and have a few very nice photos I'll have to share soon. And I buy/collect/invest in meteorites. I also like burning through a Popsicle stick in less than 2 seconds from more than a foot away with my Thor Ultra. I must be an oddball to love this laser. Heh, but i do.
Glad to be here in LPF. I hope to share much and learn much.

Sweet telescope. I have an Orion Astroview 90 myself. I mainly do visual astronomy though as any astrophotography would be really difficult here in the city. (Bortle 7 sky where I live)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
CJ--you are the one who is less than honest.
How many usernames have you had? I have only needed one.
I see that you are keeping the forum members from posting a POLL.
PUSHY MUCH?? You must fear the outcome.
Respect must be earned... NOT DEMANDED.
You're misconstruing so many things at once. I'm not going to argue with you anymore. This is a warning for you to stop the drama. You get three warnings before a timeout

PS: look in your own thread about discord in post #4 and you'll see how it turned out

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i cannot PM you (again) need your help. Trying to convince a new guy to take down his thread wanting there gory details of laser injuries--which IMHO he 'likes' too much.
what ever floats yer boat- very few here want to hear about this..
BUT I am tying to make a trade-- take down or edit away this thread.

i can give him the gore he wants-- it is in my sig-- he IMHO is way TOO interested in this.
he can go post at Murphs LPS.com
AND read the gorey details
IIRC once a thread has a post init--even the author cannot easily delete..
right now out of 90 viewers not one has posted.. looks like he is offline atm.
if we both PM him he may go along with my idea- you can work on the other injury thread just started .
ty
Yeah that is a bit too much. LPF isn't meant to be used as a gore related forum. I'll talk to the other mods about it and get back to you.

EDIT: BTW I think I should clear some things up. Mods cannot edit posts, we also can't remove reactions. Best we can do is either move or remove posts/threads entirely. I noticed a member going around saying that I'm editing posts and removing reactions which again is impossible to do.

Last edited:

gazer101

Also not tryna give the anti-laserists more ammo by posting gorey content that could potentially be used as evidence in a court of law to impose further restrictions on lasers ;)

Lasers are fun but like all things worth doing, they have some risks

Many years ago my mommy and daddy were feeling especially " friendly " and then the animal instinct took over........I was born from wild lust to a pair of screaming banshee who worshiped the lords of chaos upon this giant dirt ball inhabited by self absorbed ego maniacs and control mongers and I will have my ven......Ohh you meant what geographic area, I'm in the burbs of Atlanta.

I may have already told you--but the forums have many great members up in that area.

Hope to someday make a visit-- If you like I can intro you to some. One thing for sure is--when they have another 'laser fan meet' you need to attend. These 'LEMs' happen world wide with the most in the USA- even just a few gathering is special.

There is NO possible way for me to have already met a bunch --maybe more than 70 members and lots of the friends and family that attend these meets with the forum member (free)
I have 'hosted' a pop=up mini LEM with only 4 laserists--and just two full color projectors--I only owned one at the time and it was not high quality and just TTL.
Some of the most impressive pics/vids involve Tunnel Effect and Liquid Sky--
Of course lots of fog/smoke is vital. AND care must be taken to avoid any lasers going to the eyes--- being inside the tunnel is unreal-- Adam set up 4 chairs in a diamond shape and had us cover our eyes while he set up circles , boxes etc with the center laser-free. If you have never experienced this you are in for an "eyekandy'' treat.
Platinum brought a full 1 or 2 W 532 projector-- he did the Liquid Sky effect- a flat and wavy lines that moves- just above our heads-- when you put your hand into the line the shadow is awesome. IF the smoke/fog is NOT disturbed the effect is MUCH better. I call that 'whispy' laser smoke-- I shut off any fans, ac etc that mixes the beam-- still looks great but moreso if the smoke is undisturbed. Try it you will see.
You can fashion your own circle generator-- a small mirror mounted on an electric motor will make a circle unless you have it glued perfectly flat which I found nearly impossible to do. Mount a second mirror/motor close to get even better circles- changing the speed & direction of the motors is important.. try it--you will see.
I watch for (black) Polaroid One-Step cameras-- at garage sales they go for one dollar or less (film now is hard to find) The 'trick' is to keep all the laser on the mirror(s) which means they may need to be very close to each other.
inside the camera you will find (IIRC) a nice small motor and a FSM ( 'tombstone' shape)- it is almost too easy to cut being very thin. Use a new gently 'lubed' glass 'cutter' and only scratch one time and be gentle- A slight scratch is better. STOP before reaching the edges then wrap the mirror in a paper towel and place it on the edge of a table etc (w/ the scratch lined up on the table edge)and give it a soft push. Sometimes it is better to make all your scratches THEN break them apart
Good motors are very easy to find free. ALMOST Every battery powered 'toy' has a motor inside. PLUS switches, small LEDs etc You can cut away the place where the batts go to re-purpose it . Wheels and gears from toys can become mirror mounts. Demos of these efx make a better impression than burning anything-- I would avoid showing non-laserfolks (ESPECIALLY MOM and DAD) the burning and instead show the these two efx. (don't forget the music) ALSO from there you are almost making 'Spiro' ---just mount and make a place to locate 'pointers'-- The best switches are forward and reverse with 'OFF" in the middle-add a speed control and your there. Three motors are kewl BUT four seems to be too much- many settle for just two motors.

make one and post your pics--(& vids are better) ENJOY!!!
GOT Qs? PM me..

Last edited:

Commander J. Bloodmaker

won't you come and wash away the rain, black hole sun, won't ya come, won't ya come, black hole sun............

Hi there. I'm a new guy here too. Sadly I'm north of the dixie line in little Texas. I like lasers, my pet pig, and short walks to the fridge. While those blue pens are cool ( I have all kinds and colors), I really like the greens. 505nm-515nm is my favs. I like 520nm too, actually have my fat beam 520nm blazing away right now. What wavelength Blue's are your favs? I'm partial to the violet 405nm ones.