Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So freaking excited!

Okay, so of all people on the planet that could appreciate this one, I figured someone in this forum would be able to. :) (My roommates don't care, a girl I'm dating is amazingly supportive of the lasers but she doesn't know this is happening today)

A while ago I suggested to the forum some basic rules, and suggested the forum make a decision about what my next major laser purchase was going to be that I could do a full review on.

Well, a few various suggestions came out, one obvious one being optotronics. Another being #200's from IQS, etc.

Well, I ended up getting the IQS lasers anyway. But someone mentioned Viasho and a few people backed him up.

So I looked more into it, and discovered that Viasho... Well, they're the manufacturer for Optotronics, the same way CNI makes lasers for Laserglow.

Anyway - I looked into pricing and Viasho had REDICULOUSLY low prices for quality based on what I heard. I checked into it and got in contact with Frank from Viasho.

Needless to say a few days ago, I ordered their highest powered 532nm laser: 500mW VBP-500 here --> Laser Goodness!

The reason I'm excited - Frank gave me tracking for DHL. Frank had this laser shipped I think Sunday or Monday of this week from China. It's Thursday and it's dispatched for delivery. It'll BE HERE TODAY.

Sweet damn that's awesome!

Needless to say, there's going to be a massive review and now that I have myself a LPM, I'm going to be doing some testing as well. This is supposed to be IR filtered, which means at least 500mW of green output... hot damn. Very exciting times.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement - everyone else I tell is like:

"You paid how much for a light?"
"No, not just any light, COHERENT light!"
"Ummm. Yeah. So what does it do?"
"It... umm. It's amazing! Particle Physics! You can point to the moon, or burn holes in stuff. And pop balloons"
"Dude, you're crazy. I don't get it"
"It's my hobby and I'll buy lasers if I want to."

Just wanted to share :)

CDHDC

I'm excited for you! Do share with us. I can't wait to see your review;)

Ah man thats Cool. Yeah I have gotten the same reaction as you with others. How much did you pay? I got a 700-740mW 532 nm from jetlasers but it's lost in the mail atm so I don't have it :undecided:

Good for you tho Bud. I want to see a good review from you....

You are aware of the high expectations that you have just created, aren't you? :D

Don't let us down!