Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylasers?

Hi all, does anybody have some experience with skylasers? I have seen some really cool stuff, and I will buy a nearly new laser from a member.
But I am just interested what experience you made with them?
What is the website of them? On skylasers.com I only see their logo.

DJNY

Skylaser is legit.

Here is their sale site: laserbtb

I have an upcoming review for the 150mW 532nm pens in the next days!

Sky has improved over the years but I still have a 150 mW green which
as I was told is a "summer" laser and doesn't like cool weather. In cool weather,
this laser won't go over 100 mW after 2 minutes run time.
Their new product appears better from reports here.
HMike

Last edited:

DJNY

Sky has improved over the years but I still have a 150 mW green which
as I was told is a "summer" laser and doesn't like cool weather. In cool weather,
this laser won't go over 100 mW after 2 minutes run time.
Their new product appears better from reports here.
HMike

Same with the Sky pens I have around here.

That´s the BIG CON next to the CNI pens.

OK -- A little history about Sk-Y lasers.
Long ago, (about 3 years) I bought a laser from them for review and modification for improvement to distruction. What a POS that was!!!. I tore into it and tried to help them but it died but I told them where the problems existed.
Later, Dr.Lava and I ordered updated lasers at our cost and I was able to modify my 200 mW laser to sorta meet spec with cleaning, deoxidizing etc and this one still struggles to hit 250 mW. (DPL P532L-200G s/n 08030610)
At that time, Sky needed a power meter and I sent a Scientech 365 to Dr.Lava who added a power head, calibrated it and sent it to Sky.
I was to get a laser for my help and indeed I did...... Much later..........
Betty sent me a P532F-150B-Fa --- s/n 091130112 -- as a "gift". This laser puts out ~ 50 mW at room temp. If I warm it to near body temp, it will get up to near 150 mW. Betty told me that she sent me a "summer" laser indicating that it is very temperature sensitive. I asked for a "winter" laser and got no reply.
Sky seems to have improved but I still have their products in hand and I can't recommend them.
HMike

Last edited:
you still remember skylaser,it is good! Dear friends,but the skylasers is not distributor of skylaser in USA,so only logo when you browse the link.

wish everybody can buy good laser pointer!!!

Hello,
I am brand new to the hobby and forum, I promise to have my profile all set soon. Thought I'd mention that I've been looking to buy a high power green laser for a long time, since '08 to be exact. I finally pulled the trigger on February 2nd and bought the handheld 532nm 300mw from sky-lasers.com I expect to receive it this week (if DHL can manage to get it here). Does anyone have experience with DHL express shipments from Singapore to the US? I paid for the 5-8 day express (fastest option they had). I hope I enjoy it, I am very excited. As far as alliedexpress (or whatever) my buddy with an eBay store buys a lot from there. Sometimes it works out, sometime it doesn't. His rule of thumb is: If it seems to good to be true it probably is. Personally when it comes to a higher end product such as a 300mw laser I would go directly through a reputable dealer. From what I understand allied is like Amazon but with no buyer protection. You get a knockoff, broken laser or nothing at all its your loss. Again, I don't buy from them so this is just what I understand to be the case. I wish you luck and hope that regardless of where you purchase your laser you are satisfied! Anyone with shipping info from China, Singapore or sky-lasers.com via DHL to the US (west coast specifically) please let me know how long it took and if you owed any duties or other fees upon delivery. I'd also like to know if anyone has a 532nm 300mw handheld from sky lasers how they like it. Look forward to being part of the forum and will definitely post a review once my shipment arrives and I've had time to test my laser. Until then...

Cheers!
Ben
What can Rogue Aerial Productions do for you?