Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Skylasers.net new website...

S

skylasers.net

Hi Laser Pointer Forum members! I believe most older members have heard about us from Dr.Lava as he has helped setup several group buys directly from our factory, specifically the portable laser units.  I just wanted to take this time to show everyone our new website located at www.Skylasers.net.  We're working hard on our end to improve our laser technology as well as offering our customers a easier way to purchase directly from us at affordable prices!

Our laser pointers are FDA approved and have been given an accession number. We know there are many credible laser companies out there, we're just asking you give us a chance to show you our products.  We're working hard at Skylasers to become a credible company.  We ask you check out our site and give us suggestions.  We're also looking for members to review our products.  If you are interested in reviewing our products, please contact us at support@skylasers.net.  

Our factory will also become more active in this forum to help answer any laser related question you may have.  

Interesting, the site looks nice. Has anyone tried out their products yet? hmmm, at least they have good prices...

I've been corresponding with them on several issues. Their support has been very responsive. I am hoping to receive a unit to review soon. I'll keep this thread posted when I get confirmation.

I own a s-ky 150mW laser. I have not been able to meter it because I have no meter. It took a few days of fiddling around with it to make the battery actually have decent contact with the inside of the laser and the spring on the driver.

Randomer3 said:
Which unit are you going to be reviewing?
I asked to review their SKY Series Portable green with a power rating greater than 300mW.

S

skylasers.net

Thank you Wackbag for getting in contact with us, we'll be sending out laser for Laser Pointer Forum members to review soon! If there are more members here interested in reviewing our products, please email us at support@skylasers.net.

The stuff below has been posted in the buy and sell section of the forums.. can you please reply so we can all get some answers.

Bellow is what I said from this thread: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1224122383

Kinda pricey on some of your models.

I'm interested, but after we get a few details.
- Do you inspect every laser that goes out to see if it is underspec or overspec.
- Will you provide LPF a discount code for members (since we buy/review/etc. your products)
- What is your support on your units like?
- Any option for out of warranty repairs?
- What kind of refund/return policy do you have (defective, underpowered, just didn't like it, do we pay shpping, etc.)
- options for separate attachments such as the keylock option for out of US customers?
- A possible test unit for LPF to do a full review on your product?

Things you need to fix:
- when seeing the details on ordering out I input everything to detail, but it keeps saying please input only numbers only, but says input only numbers. (talking about the postal code section) I live in Canada and I did put in my postal code.. please have that renamed as ZIP CODE... and make sure that works with postal codes or have that feature not needed for residents outside of US.
- your website is a little slow to load stuff.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
welcome to LPF skylasers.net

S

skylasers.net

Hi AoiShikaku,

Thank you for the comments! I will try my best to help with your questions here:

- Do you inspect every laser that goes out to see if it is underspec or overspec.

Yes, every laser is inspected and a power chart is generated for every unit. To make sure our lasers are not under spec, we usually send out lasers that are slightly overspec.

- Will you provide LPF a discount code for members (since we buy/review/etc. your products)

Yes, I will setup a discount for the forum and write the discount rate and how to get the discount in another post.

- What is your support on your units like?

If you have any questions, we have phone and email support. If you find any issues with the laser (due to manufacture defects and not done by the customer such as dropping the laser), we will repair the laser for you free of charge (including shipping it back to us). If the laser is damaged by the customer, we can repair the laser for you at cost.

- Any option for out of warranty repairs?

Yes, we will repair the laser for you at cost.

- What kind of refund/return policy do you have (defective, underpowered, just didn't like it, do we pay shpping, etc.)

In general, we have a 7 day policy for if you don't like the laser. In this case, you will have to pay for shipping it back. If the laser is defective or underpowered, we will pay for the shipping cost of returning the laser.

- options for separate attachments such as the keylock option for out of US customers?

Unfortunately, we cannot offer options at this time. Thank you for the suggestion, I will bring this up in our next company meeting.

- A possible test unit for LPF to do a full review on your product?

Yes, we've written several posts regarding this and we are in the process of collecting a list of members that are interested in reviewing our lasers. If you are interested, please send us an email at support@skylasers.net.

Thank you Coldshadow for the welcome!

thanks for answering many of the questions.
I have also sent you an e-mail concerning further details.

I got a very nice swift reply from them about doing a review :)

It will be rather exciting to do a review.

I was thinking about doing a written review, and a video review, then upload it to my Secondary YouTube Account, which i have 250 subscribers, 7,469 channel views, and in total all of my video's together have been watched 362,244 times, so hopefully the review will get some attention ;)

Your the first site I've ever found that says you have an FDA accession number. What is it. How do we check it?

I like your prices ;D, but I don't know about the adjustable lens and the type of battery needed. :-/

How far out must you twist the lens in order to achieve the most parallel beam possible?

As I've stated in the email my review will be on things such as:

1) Communication, customer response. (i've witnessed that your responses were very quick, so that's already a plus)

2) Delivery to the UK (speed of delivery & if it gets their fine; as stated you post worldwide)

3) Review on the actual product:
- Does it do what it says?
- The looks (Is it as described in the picture? And how cool the style of the laser looks)
- The feel (Is it comfy to hold?)
- Focusable lens. (Is it loose, to stiff, or just right? Is it easy to focus?)
- Quality.
- Safety Features (Do they feel safe)

4) Comparing prices with quality. (by looking at your website, the prices seem EXTREMELY good compared to other websites).

When it's time to do the review, if their is anything missed out, please do tell me, so i can cover everything :)