Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SKYlasers Christmas Special!! MASSIVE Discount...

Dont be surprised if your 150mW laser puts out about 90mW. Skylasers are known for cheaply priced lasers, but quality, and on spec results are not one of their finer points.
if that's true then I'm better off just buying a green laser from o-like. Susie told me of this new waterproof focusable green laser they would have.

But I'll just wait for Mike's review and we'll see what happens.

if that's true then I'm better off just buying a green laser from o-like. Susie told me of this new waterproof focusable green laser they would have.

How long have you been here bro? You should know all this.

Mikeeeey you have been here for a while. Where have you been? seems like only lately that I have seen you posting on the forums. Were you on sebaticle or something?

hello boys... i could be interested in buy this laser at 255$. it is a good deal at this price. i have only a 50mw green laser... and i would buy the optotronics 150mw pen.....at 200$. but now... i see this offert....and with green Protective Goggles this laser cost ABOUT THE SAME of 150mw optotronics pen. because 255-39$Protective Goggles= 216.... and opto is 196.

so...20$ OF DIFFERENCE.... but this is an handeld laser... more stable with continuous use.... more endurance with 18650..and Focusable! i think this is the best deal i could find now.

who can say skylasers sell underpowered laser? i don't know.. but it seems a good seller. and if it makes THIS offer to US.... in a laser pointer forum... I THINK that they can assure us that the power will be good... sure over 175mw..... they must get confidence with us......

i think they would be stupid to make an offert now.... and sell underpowered laser, because reviews will KILL THEM... excuse my bad english but i think you understand what i would say........ so IMHO i think they are trustable with this offer to us.....

I always thought skylasers was a good company. I didn't think they were any different than dragonlasers for example.

Mikeeeey you have been here for a while. Where have you been? seems like only lately that I have seen you posting on the forums. Were you on sebaticle or something?
I've been here, I know around September/October I wasn't as active on the forum but never stopped posting altogether. Actually now that I think about it, during that time I spent most time in the off topic section lol. Then I got a job and could afford lasers again.
maybe my change in avatar made you not recognize me.. lol

jwc

low quality

I would like to comment on this. I have a 300mW 532nm SKY portable and its quality is top notch. Its power always exceeds 300mW and after about 40 seconds, the power output is extremely stable. The host is very well designed and made of good materials. The optics are also of good quality. I have left this laser on for even up to 10 minutes at a time without a noticeable drop in power output (at some point, I'll meter it for 10 minutes to get some real results; I haven't had time).

If I could buy those hosts without any internals, I'd use them for all my lasers.

I'm curious to see what was actually changed in the new models.

Does anyone that says that they are crap have any evidence? The two reviews in the review thread are positive, and they are certainly not overpriced IMO

Rob

I cannot speak for other distributors of SKYlasers products, however, at SKYlasers.com our portable lasers and laser pointers are top notch products. After being tested in Asia for power output, they are tested again within the United States. Therefore, if the item was purchased at skylasers.com, we can guarantee power output to reach and exceed the advertised power.

In the past, I know there are distributors of skylaser products falsely advertising the power outputs. I believe this is where the negativity is coming from. It is important to distinguish skylasers.com (formerly skylasers.net) from other distributors.

hey... is this thread died?
did no one buy a laser?

skylaser....you should sell laser PENS at the same price of optotronics..... your 150mw should be at 200$. this is the only one way to convincing people to buy from you.... and see that you are a good and sure seller. then.. qhen people know you sell good true powered pens..... people will start to buy handheld lasers....... and you can finally earn $$.$$$

price drop on pens.... my suggestion!

Last edited: